J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Programs / Tools / Scripts
TiltedFish
cars: 1997 Chevrolet Camaro z28
1999 Chevrolet Corvette

Re: J2534 tool ? Nano ? MDI2 ?

Post by TiltedFish »

TiltedFish wrote:
gjestico wrote:Thanks Tazzi, I very much appreciate that. I deleted the old wrapper in that location and substituted yours, And I was able to get farther than i have before, All the way to this :
Yes I am using a bench harness. Hitting ok on that window sends everything back to square Zero.
I am having this exact same issue with mdi 2 clone. Using tis2web I don't get the device manager pop-up to select mdi device, but mdi manager does detect the unit.

I have downloaded the old wrapper files and put them in the correct location in program files directory but doesn't make a difference. Was there any additional steps you did? I'm pretty sure the new wrapper version is blocking the clones. Might try changing the serial number and see if that makes a difference.
Turns out it was because I was using windows 7. Latest wrapper works fine with mdi 2 clone on Windows 10. Was able to load calibration into my 97 camaro.

Interestingly, the three day tech2win subscription won't let me download any bin files, has no option for j2534 pass thru, only tech1 or tech2. Is that normal?