NVS Easy Flash - Development Thread

Programs / Tools / Scripts
In-Tech

Re: NVS Easy Flash - Development Thread

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya Tazzi,
I am looking at the CH340T for one of my projects and I will get a few for testing. Which one are you planning to use?
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

In-Tech wrote:Hiya Tazzi,
I am looking at the CH340T for one of my projects and I will get a few for testing. Which one are you planning to use?
I am using the CH340E since its one of their smallest packages. Since Im working with basically zero spacing, every millimeter counts.

On a new OBDX design I am working with at the moment, I believe we have just found a suitable analog switch which works for switching between CAN transceiver rx/tx lines, so that now eliminates the required massive relay we were using. A relay would be required if switching between HS CAN and MSCAN (used for fords) since those would be the direct pins to the OBD port which cannot be guaranteed to always be 5v or less (In the event short)... but can't do that until doing dual sided assembly.

It feels like 2steps forward, 1step back. But at least it is still forward.... I would be going mad if it was the opposite. :lol:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

allrriigghhhtttyyyy!!!

Ch340e... working exactly as expected and without any problems, looped through about 50updates without a single hickup or problem.

Now I have allocated those to stock... next issue now is no more bucks left for my power circuit :lol: If I dont laugh, I'll cry haha.

I believe I will have to move to a bigger package as thats all that seems to really be in stock around. Even if I have to have it on the other side of the board and manually solder it on.
The1

Post by The1 »

any pic's? even dead bugs , nice work
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

The1 wrote:any pic's? even dead bugs , nice work
Absolutely!
Two missing soic8's along the top are the hscan and swcan chips for canbus.
We have a replay for switching between the can transceivers, a buck and LDO for 5v and 3.3v, the ch340 at the bottom left for usb-serial and finally the main brain, esp32!
nvs mylink proto.jpg
nvs mylink proto.jpg (153.32 KiB) Viewed 2994 times
The1

Post by The1 »

sweet work mate :thumbup: ill be in one when it's done.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Tazzi;

May I presume that the ESP32 is where all the processing takes place, or is there another processor?

Mike
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

MudDuck514 wrote:Tazzi;

May I presume that the ESP32 is where all the processing takes place, or is there another processor?

Mike
On this design, the ESP32 is doing all the processing, this is the tool I am specifically using for this application.

On other tools for OBDX Pro, the ESP32 is only used for the wireless connectivity, we use other processors as the main 'brain'.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Looks cool Tazzi :thumbup:
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

3000pcs of bucks now acquired, need to make sure the circuit is working to my specifications (Yes.. I have bought before testing.. that is how f*cked the market is). Even though this is an app development thread, the scantool is a core part of it which is why I cover the pain of part acquisition quite a bit.

Have not made huge progress on the actual app. I did spent a good 3-4hours on a workflow sheet for what is still needed to be done, and how its all going to be integrated.
Three big things I have in the works:
1) VIN decoding to auto identify the vehicle on initial connection
2) Identify vehicle RPOs for factory options and specifications
3) Immo lookup on global A vehicles.

Part 1 is nice and easy, honestly just a simple decoding table over the various makes/models of GM, no fancy work there.

Part 2 on the other hand, is going to rely on a back end windows server to poll the RPOs per VIN. This is bit more of a challenge but, still easily achieved! This is possible with a simple socket connection and browser connection with a windows app.

Part 3.. now this is where the real fun comes in. Either have to reverse engineer calls to GM (Im sure thatll piss someone off), or simulate a whole ass module programming sequence to rip immo codes. My little prototype hackery with a second MDI did get the job done but the challenge comes into resetting the programming session to implement another VIN automatically, this is going to be a new territory of using some of those automated systems which can click specific parts of screens to enter forms and progress. This will allow looking up the replacement modules donor VIN immo, and also the vehicle its going into immo... hoping this progress will only take around a couple minutes per immo. Once that immo is found, itll be saved into a local database so it doesnt need to be looked up again.

An unknown which I have to double check on though is solving the env identifier errors though, this is a per vehicle unique sequence loaded into all security modules. I have setup in my software to solve this, but I have not narrowed down exact commands that result in the relearn as its more of a exact replica of what GM does.