E55 Flasher VZ Rodeo and Saab 93

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: VZ E55 Flasher

Post by Tazzi »

ejukated wrote:Which link did you use? I noticed its not listing ECMs anymore.

If you had the CVNs noted down from stock files youd be able to tell at a glance if it is possible to readout those memory locations, perhaps list them next to the OS & cal ids?
I get what your saying, pull the CVNs from the stock individual cal files which can then be compared to the actual files saved in the ECM.

Reading could be made faster by starting with checking the CVNs first, if factory files then the database files can be used and skip reading that section. Same goes for the OS :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
mattyjf01

Post by mattyjf01 »

mattyjf01

Post by mattyjf01 »

Tazzi wrote:

If you had the CVNs noted down from stock files youd be able to tell at a glance if it is possible to readout those memory locations, perhaps list them next to the OS & cal ids?
I get what your saying, pull the CVNs from the stock individual cal files which can then be compared to the actual files saved in the ECM.

Reading could be made faster by starting with checking the CVNs first, if factory files then the database files can be used and skip reading that section. Same goes for the OS :thumbup:
Im not fully understanding why.
Are we talking about custom tuned Calibration and Operating system files?
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

Thats interesting, last time i tried that link with a holden VIN there was no ECU options! maybe it was just down when i tried :shock:
mattyjf01

Post by mattyjf01 »

ejukated wrote:
Thats interesting, last time i tried that link with a holden VIN there was no ECU options! maybe it was just down when i tried :shock:
Tazzi shared that link in another thread :punk:
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

mattyjf01 wrote:
Tazzi wrote:

Im not fully understanding why.
I guess its always habit for me to readout an 2nd hand ecu to see whats in there. With E55s taking so long to read out, its tempting to skip it and just put it in, although yesterday when i readout an ECU (it had a failed output citcuit) just to see whats in there - i found a mild tune. It would be a quick check to see whats in the ECU and see if its worth reading or its just a standard stock file thats common so just straight to overwriting with whats needed for the application its going into.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

mattyjf01 wrote:
ejukated wrote:
Tazzi shared that link in another thread :punk:
yeah the links been around for a long time, but i hadnt used it in ages - recently i used it to check a VZ E55 vin and it didnt have the ECU option, i thought maybe it had something to do with Holden closing down... guess its working again
mattyjf01

Post by mattyjf01 »

If you can find a cvn for a module I'll look into it
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

mattyjf01 wrote:Im not fully understanding why.
To make reading an ECUs OS and calibrations take only seconds instead of 15-20mins.

If the OS is stock standard (not edited), then its CVN will be stock meaning you could skip reading the OS and just use a factory file saved in the apps database. Same goes for calibrations.
Just a faster option for those working with factory state ECUs, or those who have only edited one single calibration thus only that one should have to be read out.

This is what I started implemented for the E38/E67's but theres 100+ cals as far as I am aware :lol:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

Tazzi wrote:
mattyjf01 wrote:Im not fully understanding why.
To make reading an ECUs OS and calibrations take only seconds instead of 15-20mins.

If the OS is stock standard (not edited), then its CVN will be stock meaning you could skip reading the OS and just use a factory file saved in the apps database. Same goes for calibrations.
Just a faster option for those working with factory state ECUs, or those who have only edited one single calibration thus only that one should have to be read out.

This is what I started implemented for the E38/E67's but theres 100+ cals as far as I am aware :lol:
I guess "virtual reading" is a 2 edge sword, if someones played with the cal to make the CVN look the same, then a virtual read wouldnt get the true file. Id be happy with just displaying the CVN, if its a common file - chances it will be available anyway.

Will take a closer look and see if i can get sample cvn and a file.