Happy Holidays!!! Little gift for those who could use it..

Programs / Tools / Scripts
ironduke
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Happy Holidays!!! Little gift for those who could use it..

Post by ironduke »

Hey everyone, I have been playing around with the GM sps files and write a little Utility to help out..
Basically it can hopefully help with people doing the same thing I am.. Grabbing sps cache files after programming a module, extracting them and sorting them..
There are exceptions and it's not perfect but it seems to be 100% for grabbing the files and putting them in a folder you name or let it auto name with a time/date stamp..

I can get into the different files there are but this program simply ID's Utility files along with the algo and table and type of bus it's for..
It also puts the rest of the files in the order that sps would use them in..

Say you progam an E38 ecm with sps.
Move the sps cache files and empty the cache..
Program the ECM.
Use this program to move the sps files to a folder, them move them to a smaller folder with just these files.. Extracts them, sorts them and labels them if it can..
Auto erase of the sps cache can be turned on so your ready for the next programming session..
It's not perfect, but seems to be working pretty good..
There's dll files, xml files,etc and some files that don't match the format that they should? sp it's not pefect so the extracted and sorted files won't be 100% but at least they're saved for you to work on manually..
Cache Magic 1.0.D.7z
(8.35 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
In-Tech

Re: Happy Holidays!!! Little gift for those who could use i

Post by In-Tech »

Sounds pretty awesome Duke. xmas dinner brewing but I will try soon :)
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

good one brother. managed to write a couple of cals for an E77 that I murdered writing the wrong software update in. now its fully back to life. i can change the vin number, trick sps2 to think ive paid for it etc. it's not the kind of process i'd want to do every day but it feels goood to finally get it working after watching troys speedy gonzales videos lol
FriskyDingo

Post by FriskyDingo »

Theres no way to write the modified files back with sps right?
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

FriskyDingo wrote:Theres no way to write the modified files back with sps right?
Not that I know of.. the files in sps cache are compressed using gzip(I think) and I have been unable to unzip a file and rezip it and end up with the exact same file. Sps knows this and simply downloads the file again..

You can use these files in other software though.. DPS for instance.
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

thanks for that
Climate
cars: CHEVY

Post by Climate »

Is there a way to trick acdelco sps, pay per vin for programming a vin that I did not paid for?
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Climate wrote:Is there a way to trick acdelco sps, pay per vin for programming a vin that I did not paid for?
Personally I do not know. do you need to program a module or do you just want the cal files?
Climate
cars: CHEVY

Post by Climate »

ironduke wrote:
Climate wrote:Is there a way to trick acdelco sps, pay per vin for programming a vin that I did not paid for?
Personally I do not know. do you need to program a module or do you just want the cal files?
I'm after the Cal files
ironduke

Post by ironduke »

Climate wrote:
ironduke wrote:
I'm after the Cal files
you could post up the cal files your looking for.. some of us have been stockpiling them. Depending on your location I may or may not be able to help.. I have a fair amount of them but there's a LOT of them to collect, lol..
Could also pm the vin to me and I'll see what I can do..