OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Programs / Tools / Scripts
kur4o

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by kur4o »

Some info I have gathered from unknown sources.

There is 1 pdf that explains the init modes indepth, and some random schematics.
Attachments
newshit.7z
(2.05 MiB) Downloaded 85 times
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

Thanks for that!
Ill read through those documents today!

And thankyou for the notes about the ISO 14230 init, just as I started reading the ISO 14230-2 docuemnt this morning, I just got to the page which is about Fast initialization, which is is exactly what I logged as the first frames from the tech2.

So looking at the response from the ECU, we had:
83 F1 11 C1 6B 8F 40

C1 = 81+40 (Response to StartCommunication Request Sid)
6B 8F = Key Byte 1 and Key Byte 2

Breaking down the key bytes, we have:
6B = 0110 1011
So.. this is
AL0 = 1 - length inf. in format byte supported
AL1 = 1 - add. length byte supported
HB0 = 0 - 1 byte header not supported
HB1 = 1 - Tgt/Src address in heater supported
TP0 = 0 - normal timing parameter set
TP1 =1 - normal timing parameter set
bit6 is always 1
bit 7 is parity bit
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

On todays nutty adventure, I wanted to test flashing a VPW based PCM under non-ideal conditions using the GT.
So I have plugged a P04 PCM into a Y splitter into my ute with the OBDX GT and used lsdroid on my laptop to read and write while driving to the shops.
This worked without any hiccups even though voltage would have been as stable as a drunken sailor.

This is critical to testing due to the number of people attempting to flash in car on both PCM Hammer and LS Droid has risen drastically. Not that they are trying to do this in a moving car, but giving it the worse situation is just part of my job. :lol:

With that all said. I believe I have run out of things to test really. All that can be done now is more flashing on J2534 to see if theres any modules it has a hiccup/headache with.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

How can you flash on a bus you cant silence? Or did it silence but leave the engine running on the in car pcm?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:How can you flash on a bus you cant silence? Or did it silence but leave the engine running on the in car pcm?
My VE ute is on Highspeed CAN and GMLan so it doesnt have anything on VPW pin :thumbup:

The sole purpose of that was to introduce electrical noise from battery and running vehicle to give it worse case conditions. I did hookup a PIM at the same time to get something else VPW based on the bus in car, but that didnt seem to change anything either.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

A real stress test will be to hook up 20+ modules on the vpw line[the bus potential can change with more or less modules connected], and simulate one module to self enter x1 mode midflash, start spamming the bus. An emi noise and bad ground simulations can also help.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

kur4o wrote:A real stress test will be to hook up 20+ modules on the vpw line[the bus potential can change with more or less modules connected], and simulate one module to self enter x1 mode midflash, start spamming the bus. An emi noise and bad ground simulations can also help.
Simulating a shit load of modules has been done, I used in car logs to replay back to the PCM.
I made the simulator just randomly start throwing 1x frames at the bus which forced the PCM into 1x (Kernel still running). At this point, the flash can then take place at 1x while everything is still talking, it just takes longer to complete :thumbup:

For electrical noise, the best I can do is in car. My bench setup is basically under perfect conditions, so in vehicle while car is driving around to use its varying battery voltage and alternator noise is worse I can get implemented. Its probably the first P04 on the planet to actually be flashed while a vehicle is driving, not that the P04 was actually connected to another other then power/ground, but it certainly did not have a smooth power supply. :lol:
hjtrbo
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Post by hjtrbo »

Maybe try plugging in a 150W 230V inverter to the cigarette lighter and load it up with 2 laptops charging using 75W chargers. All that switching will make things ugly I am sure.
hjtrbo
cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET

Post by hjtrbo »

And another 1, do a flash connected to the same inverter.

And another 1, hook up a budget battery charger to battery and do a flash with the laptop connected to AC.

Should make for some nice ground loops.
Cincinnatus
cars: 97 Corvette
92 Camaro
2005 Silverado
2001 Savana 2500
1998 c3500hd
1998 tahoe

Post by Cincinnatus »

I think a test with battery charger on is reasonable, and with other modules on the bus. Laptop plugged in as well. I don't think inverters or engine running is necessarily within the realm of an expected possibility for a flashing situation. Sounds like it's tolerant enough to be on the market to me.