OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Gampy

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by Gampy »

Not to derail the topic ... But why does everyone install TIS2000 in VM's, and not in straight win ??
Seems to me like an additional layer of headache!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
lsxautumn
cars: 02 sierra 2500HD LQ4 4L80E
AKA a void that eats all my money

Post by lsxautumn »

Gampy wrote:Not to derail the topic ... But why does everyone install TIS2000 in VM's, and not in straight win ??
Seems to me like an additional layer of headache!

-Enjoy
From my understanding tis2000 must be on a 32 bit operating system because it needs backwards compatibility with 16 bit for tis200 to work. I tried to install it on windows 10 32 bit but I can't even get the installer to run on there fully. Also had to use a vm for my techline subscription that I wasted money on because it bricks every other tool I try to use when installed natively
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

What OS are you using in the VM?
XP?, 7?, 10?

Mike
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

lsxautumn, Ill send you a PM shortly with an updated version of the GT driver... lets solve this thing! The debug output may be a little overkill but we need to see where the hold up is happening. :D

I get asked alot about OBD2 applications and what ones are good. Honestly.. they all do 'roughly' the same since they all target generic PIDs and information.

Some of them have paid addon packs to get enhanced (manufacture specific) PID live data which is where it becomes a bit more helpful.

I purchased OBDfusion for iOS today to give that a crack. It currently does not connect via bluetooth LE, but I have contacted the developer about that to get it on the supported list. It does connect via WIFI after manually configuring the IP address and port to make the socket connection. But overall it actually a great application! :thumbup:

I did notice it showed an error saying "no route to host" but then immediately connected afterwards... and it is the exact error message that occurs on MAUI... so I wonder if the application is actually created in MAUI or XAMARIN? I quickly tested on my side to make my iphone app just do a 100x loop opening the port, and to be honest, I did see a slightly different error: No route to host [::ffff:192.168.4.1]:23

Now, we see the IP and port for the OBDX clearly there... but the FFFF.... Im not sure what the hell thats suppose to be... I would assume that 'should' be the eth0 address for wifi but instead its trying a basically blank value of FFFF. Regardless, there is a working solution after binding iOS wifi code, the only down fall is the application must be run on a MAC due to differences between the .net libraries on MAC and Windows visual studios.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
lsxautumn

Post by lsxautumn »

MudDuck514 wrote:What OS are you using in the VM?
XP?, 7?, 10?

Mike
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit with sp1. It's also a got a genuine activation or at least shows me one in the activation settings.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

lsxautumn wrote:
MudDuck514 wrote:What OS are you using in the VM?
XP?, 7?, 10?

Mike
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit with sp1. It's also a got a genuine activation or at least shows me one in the activation settings.
When I run the Autorun installer of the version I have, natively in Windows 10, it gives me an Error Message saying I need to install IE4.01 SP2!

Not sure how to get around THAT as I do NOT want to trash my system, and I haven't reloaded the GM SI VM on THIS machine (got to locate the dang folder first on the myriad of harddrives I have here!)

Mike
lsxautumn

Post by lsxautumn »

MudDuck514 wrote:When I run the Autorun installer of the version I have, natively in Windows 10, it gives me an Error Message saying I need to install IE4.01 SP2!

Not sure how to get around THAT as I do NOT want to trash my system, and I haven't reloaded the GM SI VM on THIS machine (got to locate the dang folder first on the myriad of harddrives I have here!)

Mike
I get the same error and I tried to find around it, even manually installing it but no dice. I'd try it on a windows xp VM but I don't think it's possible to get the .NET framework version to work on it that obdxpro drivers need. I keep getting snagged somewhere in the dialogue so I'm thinking maybe its a an issue with my dongle crack or other user error
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Tazzi wrote: I did notice it showed an error saying "no route to host" but then immediately connected afterwards... and it is the exact error message that occurs on MAUI... so I wonder if the application is actually created in MAUI or XAMARIN? I quickly tested on my side to make my iphone app just do a 100x loop opening the port, and to be honest, I did see a slightly different error: No route to host [::ffff:192.168.4.1]:23

Now, we see the IP and port for the OBDX clearly there... but the FFFF.... Im not sure what the hell thats suppose to be... I would assume that 'should' be the eth0 address for wifi but instead its trying a basically blank value of FFFF. Regardless, there is a working solution after binding iOS wifi code, the only down fall is the application must be run on a MAC due to differences between the .net libraries on MAC and Windows visual studios.
Thats an IPV6 IP address. The numbers between the : can be omitted when they are all zero in IPv6, and so its 0000:0000:FFFF:192.168.4.1 (or along those lines... were swapping from hex to decimal in that notation too) and that is one of the IPV4 over IPV6 stack ways of doing it. So its connecting to the device IPV4 address over the IPV6 stack.

It could be that the app isn't loading or supporting IPV6 properly despite targeting IPV4. You might need to add an IPV6 lib or option to your build.

See section "IPv4-mapped" here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/242 ... v6-address
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

You guys are aweome :)
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:Thats an IPV6 IP address. The numbers between the : can be omitted when they are all zero in IPv6, and so its 0000:0000:FFFF:192.168.4.1 (or along those lines... were swapping from hex to decimal in that notation too) and that is one of the IPV4 over IPV6 stack ways of doing it. So its connecting to the device IPV4 address over the IPV6 stack.

It could be that the app isn't loading or supporting IPV6 properly despite targeting IPV4. You might need to add an IPV6 lib or option to your build.

See section "IPv4-mapped" here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/242 ... v6-address
Hmm ok.. thats odd. This is a little bit over my understanding to try implement a fix. I only want to be using ipv4, not ipv4 over ipv6.

Making a little bit of progress for Tis2000 in win7. I can confirm its opening comport correctly, but it stops in the next section which is basically switching to DVI protocol and getting tool details.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726