OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Programs / Tools / Scripts
kur4o

Re: OBDX Development - Developer Tools and Suggestions

Post by kur4o »

I almost figured out a way to log all eecv bus activity with mdi, but there is still some small configuration bug that can`t be resolved, making mdi goes nuts. I suspect a bug in mdi firmware. I may try to run an external emulator and use ford program to log a programming session. It will be fun for sure.

Is FEPS must be 18v or we can go down to 12-14v just for testing.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya kur4o,
I think Tazzi mentioned a while back that he was successful using 14v or higher. Hopefully he will chime in with details. I've never tested less than 18v.
PuTTY seems to log all activity with Elm, but just the other day, it buffered out on me too. Hence I was looking at AVT Terminal.
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

We need to log the actual command that switches the bus to highspeed. It can be used to autoswitch mdi to highspeed, if it follows vpw x4 mode.

In-Tech, by chance do you have a j2534 device in the toolbox that supports chrysler SCI protocol.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

kur4o wrote:We need to log the actual command that switches the bus to highspeed. It can be used to autoswitch mdi to highspeed, if it follows vpw x4 mode.

In-Tech, by chance do you have a j2534 device in the toolbox that supports chrysler SCI protocol.
I don't know,

I have:
KESS
MDI-1
VCM-1
Tactrix
GM VCX Nano
OBDX-Pro VT
Elm-ObdLonk-SX red cable usb
AVT-838
AVT-852
HpT
EfiLive
Independant CAN logger
probably some more garbage, lol.

I have acquaintances at many dealerships. What do I need to borrow? :)
Last edited by In-Tech on Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all;

Can someone give me a list of Chrysler, Ford and GM vehicles that have the ECU modules that are wanted for this thread?
The nearby salvage yard MAY have some of them (not too many new vehicles, but up to about 2014 is about normal).
Next time they have a "Sale" I'll try grabbing a few!

Mike
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

Hi Mike,
Great question with I bet would be a huge answer. I love to dabble in this stuff but I can't buy them all either :)
MudDuck514
cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E

Post by MudDuck514 »

Hi all;

In-Tech I completely agree and understand about NOT being able to buy a whole bunch at once.
That being said, about every other month, the JY has a "Bucket Sale" that one can fill a 5-Gallon bucket, with whatever can fit, for $19.99.
SO, I can get about 4-5 P01 style PCMs in the bucket. Of course, the smaller the ECU, the more can fit.
Then, it is a matter of finding the appropriate parts, pulling them, and HOPEFULLY finding someone that wants to buy them for cheap - like perhaps $25.00 shipped cheap?
THAT is why I asked about the listing of suitable vehicles.

Mike
kur4o

Post by kur4o »

For ford stuff, any gas vehicle between 2001-2004 will be good for eecv, You can shop by shape of pcm.

Chrysler again most 2001-2005 will have ngc3 or sbec3, ngc3 and 4 are flat shapped with 3 or 4 top connectors, black slim box, newer ford 2005+ that have head in name are very similar in shape to ngc3 4. I guess they are both made from motorola.
chrysler Sbec3 is much heavier, thicker and have 2 side connectors.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

MudDuck514 wrote:Hi all;

In-Tech I completely agree and understand about NOT being able to buy a whole bunch at once.
That being said, about every other month, the JY has a "Bucket Sale" that one can fill a 5-Gallon bucket, with whatever can fit, for $19.99.
SO, I can get about 4-5 P01 style PCMs in the bucket. Of course, the smaller the ECU, the more can fit.
Then, it is a matter of finding the appropriate parts, pulling them, and HOPEFULLY finding someone that wants to buy them for cheap - like perhaps $25.00 shipped cheap?
THAT is why I asked about the listing of suitable vehicles.

Mike
I'd genuinely buy 50 buckets at that price :lol:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

My local wrecker had an all you can carry day for $50. This was a few years ago, they had a few isles of VN/VP/N13 still and myself and a mate just went down the isles and collected about 10 or 15 ecus each. They were really confused when we left, they were expecting people to grab big mechanical stuff, but they still honored the deal. They chatted for a while, we told them about the forums, 12P code, and they seemed keen to get in to efi conversions themselves but they've never done that deal again. My lifetime supply of 808s still stands :) This was a bulk/cheap wrecker, the type that dont put V8s or modern enough cars in that yard so its not like we missed the P01/P59s.. none to be had.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396