Writing EPROMs using Windows 7 64bit

Programs / Tools / Scripts
stocky

Writing EPROMs using Windows 7 64bit

Post by stocky »

Does anyone here use 64 bit Windows 7/Vista? If so, how do you get your eprom burners to work with it? At the moment I've been using vmware with a virtual windows xp machine. Using this I am able to read and write, however it still has problems. It has no problems reading and writing to my 29C256 EEPROM, however it doesn't seem to like writing to my 27C512 EPROMs. If I can get it to work without using a virtual machine that would be best.
Jayme

Re: Writing EPROMs using Windows 7 64bit

Post by Jayme »

I use win7 64 for my main laptop, tho It doesnt have a paralell port so my willem wont connect to it anyways. I use an old shitta with xp on it for burning.

tho I will be using my main laptop when I shell out for a true usb burner. then I might end up in the same boat as you.
The1

Post by The1 »

my usb willem 4x usb works fine in windows 7 x64
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Post by ToyHicko »

Have you been able to solve the problem?

I've Just bought a Windows 7 64 bit machine and having the same problem. I can open EPROM50 but can't read or write to the chip getting a Hardware error. Even though i know the programmer is connected and powered. I've Installed a PCI parallel card just for the prgrammer maybe i should have bought a ture USB programmer instead.

I've tried VMware Player with XP Pro with no luck, getting an error saying port is in use. :shock: I have no idea what is using the port. Just don't know what to try next.

Jason
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

are you running the software as admin? UAC will block port access if you dont right click > run as administrator (or turn uac off)
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Jayme: I have use the run as admin on the eprom50 software but not the VMware Player. I'll give changing the VMware to run as admin a try.

Stocky: To get the Eprom50 software to run/open in Windows 7 64bit I had to run as "Windows 98/ME" or "Windows 95" anything else caused an io.sys error=1275. Have you tried this?

Thanks
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Ok I have Eprom50 working in VMware Player now had to turn off UAC completely for it to work run as admin didn't work. Would be nice to get it working in 7 but I guess xp mode will be just as good.

Cheers