antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by antus »

yeah, im thinking that too, more likely a virtualisation problem than because its a mac, though the new m1 macs are a pain for x86 emulation, too. im not a mac expert but maybe running windows on it directly would help too. i have used a macbook pro for a lot of tuning stuff but I used bootcamp and ran win 10 on it native for that.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

antus wrote:yeah, im thinking that too, more likely a virtualisation problem than because its a mac, though the new m1 macs are a pain for x86 emulation, too. im not a mac expert but maybe running windows on it directly would help too. i have used a macbook pro for a lot of tuning stuff but I used bootcamp and ran win 10 on it native for that.
I can’t use boot camp with my iOS version im pretty sure, there was a reason it didn’t work. I have the intel processor. But gets me is why does dps program fine, but the techline does not
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

Here you go. Win10 on VM Fusion, MBP Retina with Tactrix as the interface.
Attachments
techline vm macpro.jpeg
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

That’s really great thanks for that!!

Mmm wonder why mine won’t work?

So I just discovered something maybe I need to drop can on different pins as per mongoose pro?
julespatch

Post by julespatch »

I used my old MBP with Windows VM's and dual boot until about a year ago and never had any issues. It only got replaced cos it died after 12+ years of proper battering and they are ridiculously priced compared to back then, plus USB-C only etc.
I dont have a Mongoose but Im fairly confident that's not your issue, its a Techline error.
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

julespatch wrote:I used my old MBP with Windows VM's and dual boot until about a year ago and never had any issues. It only got replaced cos it died after 12+ years of proper battering and they are ridiculously priced compared to back then, plus USB-C only etc.
I dont have a Mongoose but Im fairly confident that's not your issue, its a Techline error.

Mmm yeah ok, wish I knew how to fix it pain dragging my desktop to the vehicle lol!

I have successfully used gds2 with the MacBook though and dps works.

Is there a driver I could swap from dps to techline?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

From anecdotal evidence ive heard techline sps is a buggy piece of crap and some older installs have come out broken and needed manual fixes to get it going again. I think its possible if not likely that you just got unlucky and installed it on the wrong day and now you have a broken install. I reckon if you uninstall it, or even reinstall your vm environment and try again it might just start working. I still dont think its a mac problem.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
julespatch

Post by julespatch »

It's definitely not a Mac problem.
Make a new VM and start again.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:From anecdotal evidence ive heard techline sps is a buggy piece of crap and some older installs have come out broken and needed manual fixes to get it going again. I think its possible if not likely that you just got unlucky and installed it on the wrong day and now you have a broken install. I reckon if you uninstall it, or even reinstall your vm environment and try again it might just start working. I still dont think its a mac problem.
This right here... ^^^
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Sorry been busy with a new member of the family:) Anyway I will try a reinstall when I get time.