Programs / Tools / Scripts
04colyZQ8
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

I have a sps subscription now, but can’t get it to work on my MacBook Air. Even though I have gds2, dps working fine. I have techline installed with valid subscription but when it reads controller I get e4399 error.

I’m using fusion VMware with windows 7 64 bit. Intel 64 bit processor.
Gm techline installed without issue.

And gm mongoose Pro 2.
any ideas?

My log folder says VIT1 data not found.

Seems like it’s not reading the segments and vin data from the controller I wish to program.
Probably some Java or bridge issues? Because I can read and program via dps on the same
Laptop!
04colyZQ8

Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Also it does work with my desktop pc, so know it’s not a module or bench top setup issue. And it’s a 2009 model year pcm, bcm, and abs module on the bench.

E4399/E4403 – Severe Error.
This error is caused by a loss of communication between the interface and the module. The error can have a lot of causes, such as loss of battery voltage, vehicle communication issue, bad module, Etc.

*If you are working on a 2007 or older vehicle it may need a Tech2 for programming. Some 2007 and older vehicles exhibit a communication speed that is to slow for most modern tooling and can seem to not have communication even though there are no issues with the vehicle. The “Legacy Tech2” option in SPS operates at a slower speed and will need a Tech2 connected as a pass thru.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

04colyZQ8 wrote:Also it does work with my desktop pc, so know it’s not a module or bench top setup issue. And it’s a 2009 model year pcm, bcm, and abs module on the bench.

E4399/E4403 – Severe Error.
This error is caused by a loss of communication between the interface and the module. The error can have a lot of causes, such as loss of battery voltage, vehicle communication issue, bad module, Etc.

*If you are working on a 2007 or older vehicle it may need a Tech2 for programming. Some 2007 and older vehicles exhibit a communication speed that is to slow for most modern tooling and can seem to not have communication even though there are no issues with the vehicle. The “Legacy Tech2” option in SPS operates at a slower speed and will need a Tech2 connected as a pass thru.
I have never had that issue. Canbus is still canbus. It doesnt matter if its 2020 or 2005, its still the same speed.

In saying that, if the PC is extremely laggy/slow, this could cause problems. If you are running a virtual machine, this might be the problem due to the inherent lag that comes with virtual machines.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The earliest canbus could be the GM low speed can 33.333 single wire can from GMLAN which many hardware interfaces cant support.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
gmtech825

Post by gmtech825 »

sps builds and then references the VIT data files for controller information before programming. sounds like sps can't find the files...
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

I set up a Win10 VM to run Techline on the weekend and had no problems at all. Those errors look like the shit it was doing when they first started it last year or whatever.
This was the first time I had used it in quite some time, I was surprised it actually worked.
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

julespatch wrote:I set up a Win10 VM to run Techline on the weekend and had no problems at all. Those errors look like the shit it was doing when they first started it last year or whatever.
This was the first time I had used it in quite some time, I was surprised it actually worked.
Do you have a MacBook though? Or a regular pc/laptop? Which interface do you have?
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

gmtech825 wrote:sps builds and then references the VIT data files for controller information before programming. sounds like sps can't find the files...
Yes but I am not getting a vit file back? I think it’s an interface issue with mongoose pro, in combination of using it with a vm in a Mac? Or it’s to leggy like someone else pointed out?

I wonder if it’s timming out, before it gets a chance to receive the vit data back from the pcm.
julespatch
cars: liberty gen 5

Post by julespatch »

04colyZQ8 wrote:
julespatch wrote:I set up a Win10 VM to run Techline on the weekend and had no problems at all. Those errors look like the shit it was doing when they first started it last year or whatever.
Do you have a MacBook though? Or a regular pc/laptop? Which interface do you have?
This is on a win10 machine running a win10 VM.
I can move it to the MBP and give it a go but I seriously don't see any difference happening. I don't have an Air
04colyZQ8

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

julespatch wrote:
04colyZQ8 wrote:
This is on a win10 machine running a win10 VM.
I can move it to the MBP and give it a go but I seriously don't see any difference happening. I don't have an Air
What interface do you have? Mongoose? If it works on the MacBook Pro, it would likely work on the air, unless I just don’t have enough ram or processing power? Do you use parallels, or fusion? I’m wondering if parallels would work better? But it’s not free? I’m using fusion.

Be interesting if you can move it to your MacBook Pro, and have it work, with fusion and mongoose. Then I’d know it’s my processor or ram. I’m using the latest iOS 12 you?