Delco OSE FlashTool V1.51

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Holden202T

Re: Delco FlashTool V1.51

Post by Holden202T »

you sure there is not some other settings wrong ?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Various people (including myself) have had trouble getting them talking on the bench. Im still not sure what the fix is. Are you trying in car or on a bench? If on a bench try in car?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Holden202T wrote:you sure there is not some other settings wrong ?
Pretty sure. I've tried quite a few different combinations now.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

antus wrote:Various people (including myself) have had trouble getting them talking on the bench. Im still not sure what the fix is. Are you trying in car or on a bench? If on a bench try in car?
Yeah I have the flash PCM in my Vx that can't connect. I also built a bench setup and brought another PCM to try talk to but no go on that either. I made a thread on it a while ago.
Retrying through flashtool in both setups was was last hope. I have tryed everything from disabling antivirus settings, different laptops with v151 on them bench and in car connects, nothing seems to want to connect with either PCM.
Though it will pick up through tuner pro as I can log. But flashtool won't pick it up.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

If you can use TunerPro to connect to the bench PCM, close it and then try connecting with the flash tool. If it fails under the file menu choose "save detailed information" and post the file here.

The only time I have had issues with connecting to bench flash PCMs is if you don't have a switch on the ign wire. Powering both the constant and switched voltage at the same time sometimes the PCM wont boot. Need to power the constant and a few seconds later switch on the ign.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

That could be it. I probably did have ignition live.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

VL400 wrote:If you can use TunerPro to connect to the bench PCM, close it and then try connecting with the flash tool. If it fails under the file menu choose "save detailed information" and post the file here.

The only time I have had issues with connecting to bench flash PCMs is if you don't have a switch on the ign wire. Powering both the constant and switched voltage at the same time sometimes the PCM wont boot. Need to power the constant and a few seconds later switch on the ign.
Heres the detailed information
detailed infomation.rtf
(4.24 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
I have can connected to the cars pcm via tunerpo and can log, but cant connect with flashtool.
The other pcm i have (VY) i have setup on the bench will connect via tunerpro (comes up ostrich IIv36.71.P but wont aquire any data) and obviuosly no connection with flashtool

I have triple checked all the wiring, The OBD2 plug i have connected to the bench harness didnt have a wire connected to pin 6 so i unpinned and used the ABS serial wire in its place (unsure why this didnt have a pin6?? Was from a VY)

Ignition wire is switched from 12v - D16
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

antus wrote:That could be it. I probably did have ignition live.
I have tried hard wiring the ign to switch on with the 12v, i also have tried it switched (it was switched in the beginning then tried hardwired now back to switched)
The OBD port has 4 wires connected.
pin 16---> C13
PIN 5---> NEG
PIN4----> NEG
PIN 6----> D9

I know there is a 12v constant in that plug but im not sure if that needs to be hooked up. im sure i have tryed with same results.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if the diagram I am reading is correct, then C13 is serial data, so it shouldn't be pin 16, should be 9 ? Pin 6 to D9 is right, but I don't believe you need that for connecting, only for diagnostic test enable (jumper pin 5 and 6)

pretty sure you need
Pin 5 - GND
Pin 9 - Serial Data
Pin16 - 12v power.

and looking at the under dash plug, top row left 1->8 on the right, bottom row left 9->16 on the right.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Holden202T wrote:if the diagram I am reading is correct, then C13 is serial data, so it shouldn't be pin 16, should be 9 ? Pin 6 to D9 is right, but I don't believe you need that for connecting, only for diagnostic test enable (jumper pin 5 and 6)

pretty sure you need
Pin 5 - GND
Pin 9 - Serial Data
Pin16 - 12v power.

and looking at the under dash plug, top row left 1->8 on the right, bottom row left 9->16 on the right.
i got my wiring from http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... ring#p4323.
Have re wired the way you suggested. still nothing