Delco OSE FlashTool V1.51

Programs / Tools / Scripts
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Re: Delco FlashTool V1.51

Post by kojab »

hsv08 wrote:
Holden202T wrote:if the diagram I am reading is correct, then C13 is serial data, so it shouldn't be pin 16, should be 9 ? Pin 6 to D9 is right, but I don't believe you need that for connecting, only for diagnostic test enable (jumper pin 5 and 6)

pretty sure you need
Pin 5 - GND
Pin 9 - Serial Data
Pin16 - 12v power.

and looking at the under dash plug, top row left 1->8 on the right, bottom row left 9->16 on the right.
i got my wiring from http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... ring#p4323.
Have re wired the way you suggested. still nothing
Holden202T is correct. The link http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... ring#p4323 displaying C13 going to pin16 (12v power) is wrong.

Make sure you have the two permanent 12v supplies C12 and D12 powered before 12v ignition is applied at D16.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

hsv08 wrote:The other pcm i have (VY) i have setup on the bench will connect via tunerpro (comes up ostrich IIv36.71.P but wont aquire any data) and obviuosly no connection with flashtool
As you dont have an ostrich this is really odd and very wrong, sounds like some seriously corrupt data or weird driver issues.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Thanks for the report Holden202T and Kojab. Ive updated the post from Mick to show PCM C13 to ODB 9.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Ok I have some successful but also strange news.
I managed to connect to PCM and do a few get bins.
This is how I did it.
Turn car ignition to ACC then hit connect. It runs through its thing finds PCM and vin etc. when connected you go to hit get bin it will go through part of the first section again and as it goes to do a mode 5/6 it will say no response a few times till you flick ignition on then off?
Then it will find flash chip and start dumping.
Really strange.

Maybe being a berlina there is to much on the bus for it to get a spare bit of time until you flick ign on then back to ACC?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Am surprised by your findings, well the first part anyway. With the key in the acc position the PCM will not normally be powered up, so shouldn't respond to anything. Are you also saying with the key in the ign pos it wont respond at all?

The second part can sort of be explained. Once the flashtool has taken over the PCM by uploading special code, turning the key off will not shutdown the PCM until the flashtool releases it and forces a reboot. When you turned the key back to acc other devices on the bus will shutdown and begin to stop talking, but not all devices shutdown right away. It takes sometime for a few to enter a low power mode so bus chatter remains for a little while.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

VL400 wrote:Am surprised by your findings, well the first part anyway. With the key in the acc position the PCM will not normally be powered up, so shouldn't respond to anything. Are you also saying with the key in the ign pos it wont respond at all?

The second part can sort of be explained. Once the flashtool has taken over the PCM by uploading special code, turning the key off will not shutdown the PCM until the flashtool releases it and forces a reboot. When you turned the key back to acc other devices on the bus will shutdown and begin to stop talking, but not all devices shutdown right away. It takes sometime for a few to enter a low power mode so bus chatter remains for a little while.
But flashtool disables chatter from BCM doesnt it? Wouldnt think the bus would be too busy..
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

VL400 wrote:Am surprised by your findings, well the first part anyway. With the key in the acc position the PCM will not normally be powered up, so shouldn't respond to anything. Are you also saying with the key in the ign pos it wont respond at all?

I think I actually need to flick to on then back ACC then connect and just as it goes to mode 5/6 then re flick key to on then ACC again. It will not do a mode 5/6 with the key on reds.
I will do a video to make sure what I am saying is correct

This was the issue I was having for ages! It would find the PCM but not collect bytes. Was driving me insane I was about to convert to a Vt PCM. I've made 3 bin grabs so I will try clone a PCM tonight at work and make a small video of the sequence.

I've always tryed to do a get bin on reds, and when it would fail it would lock the PCM up until I removed the fuse in engine bay.

Have not had one lock up since doing it this way.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Tazzi wrote:But flashtool disables chatter from BCM doesnt it? Wouldnt think the bus would be too busy..
Correct, heartbeat search and all that. But with ign and acc key switching then chatter could be starting again from the BCM.
hsv08 wrote:I think I actually need to flick to on then back ACC then connect and just as it goes to mode 5/6 then re flick key to on then ACC again. It will not do a mode 5/6 with the key on reds.

This was the issue I was having for ages! It would find the PCM but not collect bytes. Was driving me insane I was about to convert to a Vt PCM. I've made 3 bin grabs so I will try clone a PCM tonight at work and make a small video of the sequence.

I've always tryed to do a get bin on reds, and when it would fail it would lock the PCM up until I removed the fuse in engine bay.

What sort of laptop are you using? Reasonable specs? It sounds like its not getting packets out on the ALDL bus in time and you are having data corruption. Even TunerPro is not happy as it ID the PCM as an Ostrich :lol: The way you are connecting is stopping lots of chatter but is pretty risky for a write.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

VL400 wrote:
Tazzi wrote:But flashtool disables chatter from BCM doesnt it? Wouldnt think the bus would be too busy..
Correct, heartbeat search and all that. But with ign and acc key switching then chatter could be starting again from the BCM.
Thought so... I never had any issues in my VY V6. Connected and did its job first go everytime.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

VL400 wrote:
hsv08 wrote:I think I actually need to flick to on then back ACC then connect and just as it goes to mode 5/6 then re flick key to on then ACC again. It will not do a mode 5/6 with the key on reds.

What sort of laptop are you using? Reasonable specs? It sounds like its not getting packets out on the ALDL bus in time and you are having data corruption. Even TunerPro is not happy as it ID the PCM as an Ostrich :lol: The way you are connecting is stopping lots of chatter but is pretty risky for a write.
So I have just tried to write to the clone PCM it will erase and burn to all 3 banks but when it comes to validating the checksum it does the no response thing and no amount of key on or off will fix it.
I can read the bin back every time after so it's not bricking the PCM.

I have made a video of both trying to get a bin (of clone PCM) and a write. I just need to upload to YouTube when I get home from work.

My laptop is a dell latitude. It's not shy on specs. My old Sony viao used to connect fine to other vxs with the old cable.
This laptop and a new cable has not been able to. I tryed the vaio again with v151 and this cable and same as the dell on this car.

It's either the car has something funny going on with it or perhaps the cable is a big dodgy?
as a last resort I may try and delete the drivers and reinstall them for the cable.

I wish I didn't sell the last car with my nvram and cable!