Delco OSE FlashTool V1.51

Programs / Tools / Scripts
Holden202T

Re: The FlashTool V1.28

Post by Holden202T »

auto echo will be nice if it works properly!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

THATS AWESOME!!!

I did a read on the old flash tool 1.27 this morning & was a bit of a pain but new it worked, so then on the same vehicle I used the 1.28 & SWEET!
Was so much quicker & easier to connect with disabling chatter!

So can we just click auto echo rather than ignore?

Also once I did read bin it came up with the attached option, what is this used for?

Nice Work!!!
Attachments
clear cpu memory flash.JPG
clear cpu memory flash.JPG (45.78 KiB) Viewed 8106 times
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

it clears the areas of data in the received bin that contain unnecessary information.
(basically the contents of the internal memory in the processor, and some information specific to your car)
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:THATS AWESOME!!!

I did a read on the old flash tool 1.27 this morning & was a bit of a pain but new it worked, so then on the same vehicle I used the 1.28 & SWEET!
Was so much quicker & easier to connect with disabling chatter!
Good to hear its working better :thumbup:
VX L67 Getrag wrote: So can we just click auto echo rather than ignore?
If you know the interface type and if it has echo or not its prob just easier to set/clear the ignore echo flag. The option is more for if your unsure if there is echo. The issue at this stage is its a little hit and miss on vehicles that dont have much free time on the bus.
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

if i write cal a modified file to a flash pcm it says the checksum is incorrect at the end of the flash which is fair enough as I didnt correct it. But if i correct it with the calculated checksum that the flash tool displays at the end of the write cal and go to flash it the flash tool says that the file doesnt match the device but it will flash if i turn off 'validate before writing'

So would the correct procedure be to disable the 'validate before writing' option and write cal with a file that has the corrected checksum?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Its someting I have been meaning to fix actually - at the moment I just get the CS of the connected device and compare it to the cal that being written. Will prob change it to checking the production and date codes instead.

For now just turn off validate before write but be careful not to flash in the wrong cal - its recoverable but the engine wont run.

EDIT: V1.29 now uses the production and date codes instead of checksum.
casagoya
cars: VT Commodore Ecotech V6

Re: The FlashTool V1.30

Post by casagoya »

If I install a brand new NVRAM in my VT Ecotech, can I now use flashtool (1.30) to load the complete RT enabled bin without first using an eprom burner?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

No you need to burn the bin using a EPROM programmer. Its only 12P that has an update feature but again you must initially program the NVRAM with a base bin.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

So on that note how different can the tune we flash onto the nvram be compared to the 1 we put on with the programmer?

Can it be a different code? ie: $A5 to $a6 for example?

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You can only replace OSE12P with another version OSE12P, and the original and the new version have to support that feature. Its written in a special way so that the ecu can still run while the engine code is updated over ALDL.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396