Delco OSE FlashTool V1.51

Programs / Tools / Scripts
VX L67 Getrag

Re: The FlashTool V1.30

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Sorry, I was actually talking about the VT type flashing, if it had a v8 tune on the nvram, can I put it in a v6 & flash the tune with flash tool to the nvram over the top, or does the new version need to be same platform?

Sorry I may be completely wrong as I haven't actually tried flashing in with the flash tool yet, as I think the VT based tunes can't flash the whole bin in?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: The FlashTool V1.30

Post by antus »

you can not do that at all. Its only OSE12P.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: The FlashTool V1.31

Post by VL400 »

Program updated to v1.31.

Minor changes to the flash PCM support. Following the write process if a checksum fail occurs you are prompted to be able to edit this and reflash with the correct checksum. This stops the PCM locking up post flash. Beware though, if the flash process has failed to write correctly to any location the calculated checksum will include this error so may not be correct. It is not possible to checksum just the cal prior to writing.

Also, this checksum prompting will only be until TP5 includes a plugin for the checksum calculation. From then on you will be able to calculate the checksum after editing bins that omit bytes from the calc. Another great addition to TP5 :thumbup: .

Another thing to note with flash PCMs is you MUST have 'erase before write' set if your making any changes. It can be left unchecked for the first time you write a cal when testing your setup (do a get bin and then write cal) but from then on if you make any changes set the option. With flash memory once a bit is programmed to a 0 the only way back to a 1 is with an erase, writing changes without erasing will corrupt it!
gasute
cars: VY V6 Ute

Post by gasute »

Swweet!!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I tried reading a stock Naturally aspirated VY today & couldn't get anything off it, I'm not sure if I had the settings right but tried all 25, 50, 75 & 100ms of silence, I tried all ecm device id's but pretty sure it's F7!
I tried unticking all type options except for factory device, then re-ticked factory rt & factory only & finally got it to connect!
But then I couldn't read the bin off, I also tried all the other settings for heart beat, auto echo, disable bcm & ecm chatter!

It say's when trying to read bin only got 2k of info back expecting 64k?

Is there a way of reading the full 128K file off & then re-flashing after making adjustments?

Sorry to seem so lame!

Thanks VX L67 Getrag

EDIT; I also had this in for heartbeat - 0x08,0x55,0xA3
Attachments
try connect vy.rtf
(221.95 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

MY BAD!

I tried the exact settings in the using flash tool heading for VY & spot on!

But it's still only 64k file where as the other's listed in the holden ecu bin's are 128K, how come I can oly read off 64k?

Am I able to edit the bin & flash it back in with the tool?

Thanks sorry again for being lame!
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Yes it will read the entire 128k, should detect it as a VY PCM and show you the VIN. If its coming up with the custom mapping screen something is wrong.

When you do read the bin please use write cal and not write bin for tuning changes.

Have a read of this too ... https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... t=40#p6472
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Thanks for that!

It did detect it automatically & didn't have to put any parametres in!

It reads 64k for the calibration & 64k for the bin, I guess these together make the entire binary file of 128k?

So is it like the early models where the first 64k of data is the adjustable area & the other 64k is the definition program(sorry don't know correct names!) :?:
VL400

Post by VL400 »

It shouldnt be reading 64k for both, the cal is a 16k and the bin a 128k read.

Will check it later today.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Your dead right sorry!

I was just reading it off the screen of flash tool as it was getting the info & I was sure it was saying getting 64K, but yeah it's of course as you said!

Now I just have to have a bit of a play!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag :thumbup: