Anyone successful using both vxdiag and obdx in tech2win?

Programs / Tools / Scripts
DethRattles
cars: 2004 Grand am gt

Anyone successful using both vxdiag and obdx in tech2win?

Post by DethRattles »

I have both tools and it took me all day to get tech2win to work with the vxdiag nano. I havent been able to use the obdx pro vt but it comes up in the select manufacturer you want to use when opening tech2win. But if i click that or mdi i get a blank page on the "refresh" page instead of a usb selection like the vxdiag. Also is anyone able to get tis2000 to work with either obdx pro vt or vxdiag nano? If so what operating system?
FriskyDingo

Re: Anyone successful using both vxdiag and obdx in tech2win

Post by FriskyDingo »

1. OBDx probably doesn't have the hardware to work with Tech2Win while the Nano does and appears as an MDI.
2. Install TIS2000 on Windows 7 and when it all installed go into TIS2000 and DELETE the Dongle Driver, I know this makes no sense but its how I got it working. I also have a virtual machine that works with vmware I can send you a link to.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Anyone successful using both vxdiag and obdx in tech2win

Post by antus »

OBD Xpro does, its one of the very few tools that has J2534 D-PDU variant drivers. It's pretty new but it is working, and always under further development.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396