Memcal ID Tool with Data Version 1.10

Programs / Tools / Scripts
The1

Re: Memcal ID Tool with Data Version 1.04

Post by The1 »

Yeh it's actually a slight grey background as i had it white before, but yeh ill add a border
The1

Post by The1 »

yoda69 wrote:Have had a quick play and looking good.
Might be just my settings, but may be good with a border or something that defines the edges, found with all white that wasn't sure exactly where the edges were if I had a whit backdrop (blank internet explorer page or similar.

Keep up the good work, it is much appreciated.

yoda69
I updated the current version it has a 1px border now. Hopefully better?
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Looking good.
Search function is great for finding out what a memcal is in a hurry and what xff is required.

Thanks,
yoda69
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Looking good, but i just hit a couple of issues.

1. I cant run it properly from the network. I have one repository on my server and its good how it doesnt need to be installed, but if I run it from the server I get an error about the .net security policy, and click continue to attempt to run anyway, at which point it does run but the theme doesnt apply properly. (winxp in a vm). I copied it across to the vm and it ran fine, so not a show stopper.

2. I wanted to check the internal version of the app so I could name the dir better.. but help->about doesnt exist (fine) and changelog doesnt seem to do anything. I guess it either needs the changelog to be internal, or an about button so we can check if we are running the latest.

Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Update: I found the version under right click->properties, but an in-app version would be nice too.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

Hey Antus,

Yeh the dot net security is a pain with network shares, you need to set your location url as trusted. Something like this.

"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0.50727\CasPol.exe" -pp off -m -ag 1.2 -url file:p:\* FullTrust

so trusted location is P:\* meaning everything in p drive.

The version is at the bottom left if the theme shows up properly and also in the exe properties.

What do you mean changelog doesn't do anything? If your refering to the changelog attached in the OP that's just a text i update when i do a new version.

Anything else let me know :D
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey The1,

Yeah I guessed that with the changelog as it's the same with the memcal BCC, Gearbox & ECU/PCM icon's too as they do nothing!(for future updates?)

I did find a bug with it though, using on my old trusty XP laptop which has reso set for 1024x768 it cuts the right side off & can move accross to get it but it's not loaded so then I have to alt & F4 to shut it down as the x doesn't get loaded, I then tried changing reso to 640x480 but that just made it A LOT WORSE!

So I'm guessing it must have native reso for 1280x768 & if the screen can't go to that reso might be a problem?

But yeah apart from that on the old sytem AWESOME looks good! :thumbup:
The1

Post by The1 »

ill have a look tonight and see what i can do.
The1

Post by The1 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Hey The1,

Yeah I guessed that with the changelog as it's the same with the memcal BCC, Gearbox & ECU/PCM icon's too as they do nothing!(for future updates?)

I did find a bug with it though, using on my old trusty XP laptop which has reso set for 1024x768 it cuts the right side off & can move accross to get it but it's not loaded so then I have to alt & F4 to shut it down as the x doesn't get loaded, I then tried changing reso to 640x480 but that just made it A LOT WORSE!

So I'm guessing it must have native reso for 1280x768 & if the screen can't go to that reso might be a problem?

the form size is 1200x800, not much i can do i need to screen area for the info.

The icons up the top are just the data headers, i just use them as buttons also.

You should be able to right click in the tray as well to close.
The1

Re: Memcal ID Tool with Data Version 1.05

Post by The1 »

1.05 updated, hopefully helps with low res as well.
The1

Post by The1 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Hey The1,

The icons up the top are just header references for the memcal data shown, though i have linked some of them up.