ECM/PCM Models

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
benk
cars: VN V6 Commodore

ECM/PCM Models

Post by benk »

Dose anyone have a list or know where I can find one of the part numbers for the Delco ECM/PCM's and what models they were fitted to?
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Re: ECM/PCM Models

Post by krusty »

A very resourceful chap in here has taken care of that already http://www.eyeit.org/holden/Memcal%20ID.zip
benk
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Post by benk »

I had the early version of the memcal ID and it didn't have the ECM/PCM part numbers in it all good now, have the latest version :thumbup:
Nissanj
cars: Vr commodore

VS V8 PCM INDENTIFICATION

Post by Nissanj »

HI ALL !

HOPE THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO POST THIS QUESTION ?
1 I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A STOLEN RECOVERED VS V8 215 I SENATOR AND THE QUESTION IS HOW TO IDENTIFIY WEATHER THE MEMCAL THAT IS IN THE PCM IS FOR A 215 ENGINE ? IS THERE ANY IDENTIFYING NUMBERS ON IT
2 THE NEXT QUESTION IS THAT THE PCM HAS NO IDENTIFYING LABELS ATTACHED TO THE UNIT ( BEEN PEELED OFF ) IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO IDENTIFY IF IT IS THE RIGHT PCM
FOR THE CAR ?
3 MY NEXT QUESTION IS WILL THIS MEMCAL WORK IN A VR V8 PCM ?

CAN ANY ONE HELP OR SHED LIGHT ON THIS SUBJECT THANKS JAMES
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

1. have a look at the memcal and see what code is on it, post it up and we'll be able to tell you what motor its for.
2. other than probably getting some photos and hope someone can identify it for you.
3. yes it should assuming its not a VS Series 3 (it will have a maf if it is)
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

Ok STOP SHOUTING ! Is it auto or manual ? From my limited knowledge of VR VS I'd think if it's auto -auto chip your swapping it will work, same if your doing manual to manual (although the stroker had the T-56 so not sure how that works ) and you'd have to turn off Vats ? I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will know !
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Click faq up in the top right and have a read of the hardware and software guide.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Nissanj
cars: Vr commodore

Post by Nissanj »

Thank you to all who replied ill have a look at what numbers are on there and post them up !