Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: VE Instrument Cluster EEPROM Programming

Post by antus »

Thats good news :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey Zero One,

How's this coming along?

I have been reading up on it a bit & started an XDF, but would love to add more to it, i'm only working on VY & VZ eeprom dumps at the moment!!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
gsuggett
cars: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Post by gsuggett »

Just wanted to say I have a Pontiac G8 GT and I ordered a HSV Cluster that should be here in a few weeks. I look forward to working on it.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Very interesting read. Has any progress been made with the black back VDO clusters in programming the VIN and odometers?

Thanks
Omega

Post by Omega »

I'm not sure if this stuff has died out or not.

I would also like to swap in an E3 HSV cluster into my G8. It seems most of the info here was all about physically taking out the cluster to work on. There are a few people (companies?) that offer a plug in tool to enable different cluster functions. That is the path I would like to go down also. I'm pretty sure I can do all this through the ALDL portion of the OBD2 plug in the car. There is a spare G8 cluster (unfortunately it has a white cover) sitting next to me and I have a cable on the way. I started reading the GTO cluster swap and have moved over to this board and carmodder. Hopefully my head won't explode.

Can anyone confirm that it is possible to program the cluster through the OBD port. Pretty please?
j_ds_au

Post by j_ds_au »

Omega wrote:Can anyone confirm that it is possible to program the cluster through the OBD port. Pretty please?
Yeah, at least up to VZ; read here : http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493177

Joe.
daron
cars: ve

Post by daron »

hey guys looking for any bins from ss/ssv black clusters please i wiped one and my backup is corrupt
gareth12
cars: S13 silvia w/ 6.0/t56

Post by gareth12 »

Did anyone work out a similar memory location for the later black clusters?
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah was work I did ages ago & pretty sure there are xdfs floating around that I made for vt to vx!
L67VSTY
cars: vs,vt,vy

Post by L67VSTY »

HI Has anyone tried to put the odometer reading from their old VE white cluster into a replacement one or can help out? I tried doing this in just the 1st location advised but it didn't work I then tried in all 33 locations but it still brings up the original reading not the one i am trying to add.