14point7 SLC OEM - budget wb02 controller

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Re: 14point7 SLC OEM - budget wb02 controller

Post by festy »

@Holden202 - that's my concern with wiring straight off the ignition. I often have the ignition on for a few minutes before starting, and as my engine can go weeks between starts (or years), there will be plenty of condensation coming down the pipe on startup.

So, what's the best solution to powering on a WB?
You could take a feed off the ignition bypass line (as that should trigger almost immediately as the engine starts), or make use of a flex output set to 100% from 500rpm upwards?
Or something simpler, like the Camira's backup fuel pump circuit via the oil pressure switch?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the fuel pump relay isn't a bad option .... i guess any of them will work really if you want to do it that way.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Nice writeup.

The timing of the powering isnt that critial. The warnings are true and relevant, but I power mine of the efi relay, have it mounted in a bung up the engine end (so most the condensation in the exhaust begins downstream from the sensor) and its been lasting.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

I use the SLC_DIY V1, for tuning other cars, and it works great.

I'm debating between the SLC_OEM (with eval kit) or the SLC_DIY V2, to replace the LC1 in my car now.
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

ive tested all his gear :D tuned all the way into the 11's on high boost on his gear too for the price you cant go wrong i use the 14point7 gear before thinking of using my LM-1 that is allways a dick to use and needs resetting LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
festy

Post by festy »

I'm relieved to see the positive opinions on the 14point7 units posted in this thread.
There wasn't much discussion about them on here when I was trying to decide whether they were any good, otherwise I would have made my mind up a lot earlier.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i did a writeup on here somewhere about 2 of the units .i talked jayme and ant into them :thumbup: i wouldnt use the simulated narrowband but i wouldnt use that on any controller as noone really has it working like it should :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
The1

Post by The1 »

using the simulated on my daily here, you have to make sure you earth it to where your o2's earth as it's the reference point, otherwise it wont read correctly. Getting plenty of crosscounts also. For the similar price to the other kits these offer just a bit more, especially if you dont want guages all over your dash.
festy

Post by festy »

Well I finally sorted out my exhaust leak(s) which was a little more involved that I expected :evil:
I made up a sensor bung and fitted it just after the last pipe merge, and gave it a go.
All looks great so far - well, the car is idling at 11.5-12AFR which is about as rich as I thought it was so the SLC OEM appears to be working well enough.
I'll try the simulated NB out next, to see how that looks.
Attachments
festy_wb02.xdl
12P with SLC OEM EvK logging
(146.18 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Well just to throw a spanner in the works, I have to add that im not entirely impressed with mine. The downside I found was the the included calibration software is kinda crappy and I had problems and getting it to talk to the pc. But mine is also not the OEM kit its the older NAW_7S which I think is no longer available. It does work fine however, and it is good for the price. Weather I'd buy one again over an innovate? Im not so sure.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396