vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: VY ecotec in VP. Options?

Post by vlad01 »

shite! going to have to wait til I take my work VP off the road maybe and salvage the vapor line and install that next to the existing one in the project car, that way I can have two lines side by side.

The tank is going to have to come out anyway for a refresh. replacement of the lines, fuel pump, coat of paint etc... So I will do it then.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

well i tried checking all the doco's i have and couldn't find anything, so i spent some time and checked it out, it connects to the vent on the top of the transmission!!
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

wtf? are you sure thats right?

thats weird place to have it going. So what about T5 ?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

yeh that's where it is on mine and it's still all stock, goes to the top of the auto case breather pipe, not sure what they do with manuals havn't thought to look for that in particular before, but yeh nothing at all in the holden workshop manuals.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

maybe because using air from the tranny is a good clean source of air? reduction of emissions from the tranny lube?

strange indeed, I figured they would just use air intake duct or have a small breather filter on the canister?
The1

Post by The1 »

from memory i think the older style ones had the air intake at the bottom and had no hose, but yeh probably easier to just fit the pipe in the intake somewhere. Only reason i can think of using the tranny case for air intake would be higher air temps for emissions.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah the old ones are more simple.

higher air temps make sense for auto, but manuals don't really get hot.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Not a whole lot has happen.

having small dramas with the bell housing and VT auto support bracket modification to mate the T5 to the ecotec correctly, so much machining and special mods to make it all work.

Also the plenum is being drilled and tapped at the machinist I use for the MAP and MAT.

In the mean time been a the wreckers collecting parts. Been to holmart again (for the 50th time this year :lol: ) and picked up VT brake conversion hubs and braided hoses to suit.

At the wrecker I got VS door outer belts, beats the crap out of those crusty VP ones. also got VS air con compressor and brackets, VS charcoal canister, VL 20mm rear sway bar for 35 bucks :thumbup:
dual diaphram VR brake booster(512 type), series 1 VP 1" MC and VT front calipers.

getting there, slowly. been spending over a year trying to renovate the shed with what little money I have, have come a long way from the junk filled, dirt floor house for 30+ swallows living in there.
I finally getting a door sorted and the shelves are nearly done. Still heaps to do but I keep having a stab at the VP every now and then.
300kwv6
cars: VR V6 Stroker Turbo
BA XR6T - no more
VP V6 Vacationer - no more

Post by 300kwv6 »

good job mate
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

thanks mate!

just picked up a VS fan as they have a place to mount the PS fluid res.

Also found out recently that my VY engine is actually a VT engine...........meh same difference, although it does have all the latter improvements seen in the VY anyway, I pinned it down to a early? 00 model VT using the engine number.