Injector Impedance

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Injector Impedance

Post by ToyHicko »

Ok quick question I know the Delco '808 needs high impedance injectors. Question is what is the minimum and maximum impedance. Reason I'm asking is for the stock Toyota injector in my manifold are 2.3 ohms plus to small flow rate for the job. So I did to know so I can get injector to fit the manifold and fuel rail plus have the impedance to suit an '808.

Thanks
delcowizzid

Re: Injector Impedance

Post by delcowizzid »

probably somewhere round the 10-15 ohms is fine they vary a little the high impedance injectors.what sort you after top feed side feed hose tail connector or oringed rail theres plenty of sizes all the way too 80lb in high impedance
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Looking for topfeed 11mm o-ring rail side and square seal style manifold style with a flow rate of around 260cc/min or 24lb/hr. Well this is what the calcuates tell me I require for my engine anyway.

Note this is a early 1980's Toyota engine manifold not a holden, current injector is 188 cc/min. I was spewing the Camira injectors are a different style so don't fit as that would have been a good starting point.

Current Engine configuration is carby last engine dyno graphed 150hp 4 cylinders looking are safe margin of 80% duty cycle. Have found most toyota high impedance injectors are around 10-13 ohms but as the camira were 16 ohms just wanted to make sure they would do the job.

cheers
Jason
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

mitsubishi magna 2.6L have blue top 24Lb an hour injectors they are the same as the 215i holden 355 stroker uses oring each end
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

just had a quick look at the magna injector wrong style.

This it the style i require

http://images.google.com.au/url?source= ... GIYnmLxXZA
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

do the rails have enough meat to drill them bigger for the bigger orings she may be modding time :mrgreen:
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Theres a list of suitable high impedance injectors in the kalmaker user guide on page 211, sorted by flow. It could give you some options to research further to find what cars might have them and what style they are.

http://www.hotrodhandbooks.com.au/eBook ... 0Guide.pdf

Im planning a rodeo 4ze1 2.6L project at the moment and have found the original tan coloured injectors are bosh 280150706, the multimeter said they are 16ohms and from that reference table the flow rate is 20.7 lbs/h @36.3psi which is the cars idle pressure. The reg is rising rate, and it'll go up to 45psi so should flow a little more than that under load. I cant find a pic to compare against what your after but they look similar. The rodeo ones might have been a bit fatter, though. They're at my mates place I'll take some pics when I get a chance.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
darcy

Post by darcy »

antus wrote:Im planning a rodeo 4ze1 2.6L project at the moment and have found the original tan coloured injectors are bosh 280150706, the multimeter said they are 16ohms and from that reference table the flow rate is 20.7 lbs/h @36.3psi which is the cars idle pressure. The reg is rising rate, and it'll go up to 45psi so should flow a little more than that under load. I cant find a pic to compare against what your after but they look similar. The rodeo ones might have been a bit fatter, though. They're at my mates place I'll take some pics when I get a chance.
Should give you around 23.0 lb/r @ 45psi. :)
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

seems to be some 4ze1 injectors on ebay at the moment. Ours were tan, not red but size and fitting close enough?
4ze1_injectors.jpg
4ze1_injectors.jpg (22.86 KiB) Viewed 6874 times
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/95-rodeo-injecto ... 286.c0.m14
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Looks like I have found some injectors. Lucky for me Pintara KA24e are exactly what I'm after 260cc high impedance and fit straight in.

This may sound like a silly idea but maybe we should start listing injectors from known car impedance and flow rate and style of injector for other wishing to do DIY EFI conversion. Using something like this as a guide line.

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/ka24d ... hread.html