Compatible Smaller Injector than Bosch 280 155 777

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
dmenace
cars: VX Povo Pack

Re: Compatible Smaller Injector than Bosch 280 155 777

Post by dmenace »

vlad01 wrote:have you check the stuff I listed a page back or 2?

I have seen a number of things cause fuel consumption and running lean conditions in these cars.

have a look at your air intake duct after the MAF. I have seen holes develop on the underside of these ducts big enough to fit your hand in but just looking at it your couldn't tell until you squeezed the duct and looked underneath.
I will check this tonight.
vlad01 wrote:13 is terrible should be getting around 7 to 8 per 100km.

seeing what you already looked at.

look at:
CTS
stuck open thermostat
dirty MAF
bad leads and/or plugs
holes/cracks in air intake from MAF to TB ( seen this happen before)
Exhaust leaks before the O2 ( possible as they don't have a exhaust manifold gasket at all)
Fuel reg leaking or too high pressure.
Leaky injectors? could be possible for bad economy?

that should get you started/
I've replaced the thermostat
Cleaned the MAF
Temp Sensor

i still need to check for exhaust leaks, Leads, Injectors and the Fuel Reg.

Not sure how to check the Fuel Reg?
dmenace

Post by dmenace »

charlay86 wrote:The light detonation tends to confirm that you have an actual lean condition.
Does this car have extractors / aftermarket exhaust or some other modification by any chance (previous owner may have installed something)?
It could also be lean if you have an air leak, malfunctioning MAF, restricted fuel system, dodgy fuel pump (run her dry recently?) etc.
Car is completely stock.

Car has never run dry as the fuel gauge isn't 100% accurate.

I might get some new leads and maybe try and get some replacement injectors. (seem expensive for Bosch units)
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yes check for intake leaks, holes in the air ducting from engine to MAF. As they would certainly cause a lean condition and usually make the engine feel like a loss of power which could in turn play havoc on economy.

Check EGR for blockages, thats is very common, nearly all ecotec I have open up had blocked EGR. EGR is what gives the latter ecotecs such good economy as it reduces pumping losses and I think combustion temps which allows even leaner cruise?

Also since Holden never used exhaust manifold gaskets from pretty much VN onwards ( yes just metal on metal with no gaskets) the manifolds could be warped and leaking, check for cracks also as I understand some models of holden were prone to cracking exhaust manifolds giving the o2 a false reading.

I doubt leads unless its misfiring under load. Plugs as the same.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
dmenace

Post by dmenace »

Ok,

I've checked all the injectors, intake piping and cleaned the EGR.

All look fine!

Also organising a fuel pump, Mechanic noticed that the car is getting hard to start. Generally it's takes a few seconds to crank over, if i "prime" it (put it on reds, off and start) it starts straight away. He thinks that the check vavle and mentioned previously is not working.

What i didn't notice though on tunerpro is the following quad driver faults.

Are they common?
Attachments
Quaddriver.jpg
Quaddriver.jpg (28.19 KiB) Viewed 5345 times
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

I spoke to The1 about this a while ago, apparently this is a known issue with VX.
There is usually nothing wrong with the quad drivers, The PCM will throw a code if they are actually malfunctioning.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

dmenace wrote:Ok,

I've checked all the injectors, intake piping and cleaned the EGR.

All look fine!

Also organising a fuel pump, Mechanic noticed that the car is getting hard to start. Generally it's takes a few seconds to crank over, if i "prime" it (put it on reds, off and start) it starts straight away. He thinks that the check vavle and mentioned previously is not working.

What i didn't notice though on tunerpro is the following quad driver faults.

Are they common?

is it hard to start when left warm for say 30min? and does it start first go in the morning?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
dmenace

Post by dmenace »

charlay86 wrote:I spoke to The1 about this a while ago, apparently this is a known issue with VX.
There is usually nothing wrong with the quad drivers, The PCM will throw a code if they are actually malfunctioning.
Ok thanks for the info.

vlad01 wrote:is it hard to start when left warm for say 30min? and does it start first go in the morning?
With starting there are a few issues.

1 - If the car is left say for 2 days without starting i have the following symptoms:

Will take 2-3 seconds to start and it has a slight miss for around 4-5 seconds. If i prime it (like mentioned above), the miss is still there.

2 - If the car is started in the morning and then again in the afternoon it's still hard to start, but better than from a complete cold start (no miss)

3 - Car usually starts fine after a being left for 30 Minutes (Fine as in 1-2 second crank time)
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

probably check valve then, but that wont make any issues with fuel economy unless a faulty check valve is masking leaky injectors.

That was the case with my car the year before. got my injectors reco'd and they botched it up causing 3 of them to leak. Then the hard starting went away after few months which later I found the check valve to be dead. upon fitting a new pump the hard start came back straight away.

So it wouldn't surprise me if your injectors are leaking too. see if its hard to start warm after 30 min when you have the new pump in and also note if its starts first go after sitting all day or over night.
dmenace

Post by dmenace »

When you mean leaking injectors, do mean through the o-rings etc?

Or do you mean they are not holding fuel when not in use?
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

I think he means leaking past the pintle, (i.e. they aren't closing properly) into the engine.