Compatible Smaller Injector than Bosch 280 155 777

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
dmenace
cars: VX Povo Pack

Re: Compatible Smaller Injector than Bosch 280 155 777

Post by dmenace »

Hi Guys,

Been ages since i've posted. I still haven't had the chance to change the fuel pump.

Car is currently running worse. My Car developed a miss for around 10 seconds after giving it WOT for around 100 metres this morning. Then corrected itself after almost stalling.

Meh
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

can you get a log of it doing that?
sounds like a fuel supply issue, could certainly be the pump, sometimes they can be marginal for a while before they finally shit themselves
dmenace

Post by dmenace »

Haven't had a chance to log it.

Will do when possible.

Mechanic has mentioned that it could be the coil packs. He has had a few come in since winter started...

The could also explain the slight miss on start up when the car has been turned off for a few days.

I've bought some used ones and are on the way in the post.

Fingers Crossed!
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

Hi I have had similar problems when the inlet manifold gasket has had a slight leak.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

dmenace wrote:Haven't had a chance to log it.

Will do when possible.

Mechanic has mentioned that it could be the coil packs. He has had a few come in since winter started...

The could also explain the slight miss on start up when the car has been turned off for a few days.

I've bought some used ones and are on the way in the post.

Fingers Crossed!
that sounds more like leaky injectors what your mechanic describes.

you could change the whole engine, that fixed my fuel issue on my VP lol.

On a serious note, worn engines do use heaps more than one that is in good nick.

I found my fuel usage problem this morning lol. Crappy modern EFI lines of today. That line is not even 1 year old, I have some original 21 year old line that give me no trouble at all. I check those regularly and the factory lines are still perfect.

It pissed about 0.5L in a min all over the engine, no wonder I smelled fuel and the back of the car is all oily. Man that could of been bad if it set a light.

I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Have you ever washed the engine?

Have a good look over the coils, I've seen them with cracks in the coil casing and when the engine was washed it started to play up.

Does the engine use any coolant? High mileage ecotecs generally have issues with intake manifold gaskets going bad and weeping coolant into the intake.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:Have you ever washed the engine?

Have a good look over the coils, I've seen them with cracks in the coil casing and when the engine was washed it started to play up.

Does the engine use any coolant? High mileage ecotecs generally have issues with intake manifold gaskets going bad and weeping coolant into the intake.

which can ruin every O2 you install in a matter of no time.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
dmenace

Post by dmenace »

Thanks for the response.
immortality wrote:Does the engine use any coolant? High mileage ecotecs generally have issues with intake manifold gaskets going bad and weeping coolant into the intake.
The intake manifold get changed in the beginning of 2012 and i replaced the o2 sensors after that.

Car doesn't loose any coolant and burns minimal oil. Engine has 169K on it and drives really well when "running" well.
vlad01 wrote:you could change the whole engine, that fixed my fuel issue on my VP lol.
Only thing left to change is Injectors, Crank Angle Sensor and Coils. So im not far off lol
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

you could well have some internal problem like broken valve spring, burned exhaust valve or glazed bores.

glazed bores would very well make an engine perform crap and guzzle fuel. My mate's VY drastically improved economy when we changed the engine only. The external bits remained the same. You could feel a big difference between the old and the new engine with a spanner on the front pulley. The newer engine had way more comp and would spring back when let go even when held for a while meaning the leak down of the cylinders were minimal.

the old engine was pretty loose lol

I got this engine now for my build as the block is corrosion free and I found 2 bores were glazed some what, one fairly well done.

From what engine builders tell me, glazed bores make an engine a bitch to tune and run like dogs so that something worth considering.

Anyway given that its only 169k, replace the coils and then see.
dmenace

Post by dmenace »

Ok,

Coils have been changed to units off a VY.

Cars feels allot better especially in throttle response.

Not going to calculate fuel use this week, I've been testing out these coils with my right foot lol.

Seeing the improvement in changing the coils, i'll might as well change the leads as well.

Are any members using the brand Bougicord? Apparently they are OEM? There going for $50 (new) posted on ebay.