Opinion On This Product

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
HoZy
cars: 1992 VQ Statesman

Opinion On This Product

Post by HoZy »

Hey guys, I'm new here, Been reading for a while now an I am interested in Starting with logging an then Tuning of my car,
I have a 1992 VQ Statesman 5litre,

I have just ordered this off ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0351882823

I Pray it'll work for the 8192 BAUD rate once I wire it on. That way I can just use a USB Extension from it to my laptop.

Cheers
MaT
delcowizzid

Re: Opinion On This Product

Post by delcowizzid »

i had one of them i allso had a working ecu before i had one of them :mrgreen: make sure you hook it too the correct pins you get no second chances LOL it worked fine as an aldl cable too with a resistor and diode attached but it was powered from usb and my laptop wouldnt power usb devices like a lot of laptops when they arnt powered off the wall socket.it should work but you need to be carefull least we have the pinouts for the ecufor you to follow in the other thread.apples tried a different one with success
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
HoZy

Post by HoZy »

I've already looked at Using the 5v from the ECU instead of the USB for that device aswell, An yes, I've saved the Pinout because that will be my key to awesomeness! hahaha

I also have a "few" spare ECU's lieing around, Rather curious How i got soo many but ah well...

Now what is this about Resistor & Diode? Sorry for the questions, Just a little vague on Information right now.

Cheers
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

it pretty much turns it into the techedge aldl cable you have to add the diode and resistor to use it as a stock aldl cable up the aldl socket for logging vr vs etc.but if its going striaght in the ecu theres no need for them.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
HoZy

Post by HoZy »

Ah ok, This will be going right in the ECU, Delco808 in a 92 VQ Statesman 5ltr, hard wired & A usb cable will run from the ECU into the glovebox for ease of use ^_^

Next I start reading about real time tuning, Thanks Delcowizzid!

Cheers
MaT
Last edited by HoZy on Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

good as mate