Different Genuine GM MAF's

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
Jayme

Re: Different Genuine GM MAF's

Post by Jayme »

I agree with that, you shoouldnt be just adjusting one part of the tables, should be moving all of them at once, ive found it exceptionally easy to just open the MAF scaler spreadsheet, multiply the whole thing, make sure the curve looks good, and throw it in, adjust again, until wideband reads the same as it did with the old MAF, and bang, tune done, no bugs, no redoing spark table, no incorrect lying airflow variables.... happy days :)

and yeah I do agree with, ive seen it not scale linearly up top, but I persist with it and at the end of the day, im happy with it and with the fact that im not lying to the pcm, ive never liked fudging values, never know what else its going to effect in the tune. not sayign im right, you probably know more about the whole topic than me, with what youve done to create enhanced bins, this is just my preferred method of tunign them
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

If you install one of the mafs listed in this thread and set the hz vs airflow for the maf as per spec then wouldnt everything work properly? https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... 9&start=20
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

Jayme you know more about LSX than i do, but same deal applied to ecotec tunes i do, MAF swap i just scale the injector tables, but obviously with a V8 you may runout of adjustment so scaling the MAF tables is the only way.

Antus it wouldn't work as the difference between those tables and what you would be running with now is completely different, also if fitting a V8 MAF to a V6 completely different application different tables and even starting value and hz reference points. As maf tables are Hz to Airflow or Injector Pulse Scaling. So yes you could use it but would require complete retuning of the injector tables.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

hahaha perhaps I may just be beginning to understand what the thread was originally about. as far as I know, the maf tables can only scale up to 512 g/sec right ?? so once you put on a big maf that can get more than 512 g/sec (god that must be a big engine) then by the top end of your maf scalers woudl flatline at 512 g/sec and that would screw with your top end fuelling???
by leaving the maf tables alone and adjusting everything else, you essentially give yourself more range ??
The1

Post by The1 »

i think the original question we just covered, being that changing from stock maf to gen3 maf changes by 200hz or whatever.
The1

Post by The1 »

Yeh id like to see an engine that can do 16k hz or 512grams/sec on the new enhanced.

There's a few L67's ive been asked to tune that are being built atm, one with the smallest pulley and OD ballancer along with ported blower and xp hot cam, will be interesting.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Sorry REMOVED didn't want to confuse anyone not knowledgeable!
Well, it would be appreciated to get a clear explanation and discussion. Were all here to learn.

Im currently taking it that tuning inj multiplier only is the industry 'norm' way to do it and works well enough. Reading between the lines its because not all systems (eg VZ V6 Bosch on HPT) dont have scaler tables that are user accessible, and things such as spark are mapped as rpm vs load% (which is probably directly mapped to maf hz). But there is no reason why setting the MAF scalars accurately should not be done on a delco so that correct airflow is shown in the logs and its less of a lie to the pcm. But even so it should be understood that fine tuning via inj multiplier will still be required. Correct?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

if you want to be technically correct as possible for the "datasheet" flow specs for the specific maf then i guess the ones in the factory tune is all we have to go by, i havn't to date been able to find a delphi datasheet for any of there maf's
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Ok, cool. I think were all on the same page now. Both ways work, which way you do it is matter of opinion.