cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Different Genuine GM MAF's

Post by vlad01 »

could always use a leaf blower?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

aircompressor up the tube worked fine for me, though i was using a scope to test not on a PCM but should be no different.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Sorry REMOVED didn't want to confuse anyone not knowledgeable!
Last edited by VX L67 Getrag on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

What problem are you trying to solve? If you can change the injector rate, would you not be better off changing the maf tables to keep everything calibrated properly?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Last edited by VX L67 Getrag on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

When you set up the calibration correctly, you'll hit the limits in the code and theres extended bins for if you hit those that'll handle it properly. Fudging the injector rate and having a misconfigured maf is a pretty ugly hack, I wouldnt be recommending to do it. Sure if you reconfigured everything you might be able to get results, but I dont see why it'd be worth doing that when you dont have to. I know your just throwing around ideas but Im posting this here so people considering maf upgrades dont get the wrong idea about how to tune them.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Jayme

Post by Jayme »

not sure if I get the point of it either, but the HZ limit of the maf applies no matter what you fudge the injector rate to be. all you are gaining is faking a little more range on the airflow variables, which could be handy, except now the custom bins have extended the variables, fudging this stuff becomes pointless...
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Last edited by VX L67 Getrag on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The1

Post by The1 »

i think what getrag's getting at is the stock maf vs gen3 maf is about 200hz at the same flow rate, so dropping the maf tables down will then fix the fueling difference.

I think the Gen3 is identical hardware wise to the stock v6 maf, they just made it larger and offset the output by about 200hz to gain slightly more metered flow.

LS7 run card maf, havn't tested one yet but reported to run 15/16k hz, LS6 maf what we use now will do 14's