WB O2 output

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
vc81
cars: vn v6

Re: WB O2 output

Post by vc81 »

Yea 12p mate. Configured tunerpro in the scalers Set "VE Learn Params - WideBand 0v AFR" set to 7.30 and "VE Learn Params - WideBand 5v AFR" set to 22.40. Same figures LM programer shows.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

what calc is being used in the ADX ?

another thing I've found aswell, if its a moving target the delco doesn't read as fast as the mtx-l refreshes so it could be behind, however if its a nice costant AFR and its out that another matter.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

How have you got the MTX-L grounded? They use a combined ground for the heater and analog output, so it needs to be grounded where the ECU is grounded rather than just near the gauge.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VL400 wrote:How have you got the MTX-L grounded? They use a combined ground for the heater and analog output, so it needs to be grounded where the ECU is grounded rather than just near the gauge.
so you would ground at the noisy ECU ground in that case?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vc81

Post by vc81 »

Holden202T wrote:what calc is being used in the ADX ?

another thing I've found aswell, if its a moving target the delco doesn't read as fast as the mtx-l refreshes so it could be behind, however if its a nice costant AFR and its out that another matter.
How do i find out what calc the adx is using?

Im finding it hard to get a constant afr. It fluctuates about .2 - .4 most of the time. Is it supposed to give a nice steady reading?
vc81

Post by vc81 »

VL400 wrote:How have you got the MTX-L grounded? They use a combined ground for the heater and analog output, so it needs to be grounded where the ECU is grounded rather than just near the gauge.
As its a temporary install I have it powered from the cigy lighter.
I have read that plenty of people have used the cigy lighter without a problem.

Where is the ecu grounded in a vn v6?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

vc81 wrote:
As its a temporary install I have it powered from the cigy lighter.
I have read that plenty of people have used the cigy lighter without a problem.

Where is the ecu grounded in a vn v6?
2 lugs on the front timing cover of the engine. lower one is high current noisy ground the other one above it (on DFI bracket bolt) is ECU clean ground.

So you should tap in to the lower earth from what I gather for the heater.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vc81

Post by vc81 »

So I need to run the earth wire for the mtx-l to one of these bolts on the timing cover? Does it matter where I get the power/positive from?
vc81

Post by vc81 »

Ok so I have tried earthing the MTX-L at each earth bolt on the timing cover and the gauge and tunerpro dash are still reading different. I also tried connecting to the earth wire in the standard aldl plug and still they are not reading the same. Tunerpro always reads leaner than the mtx-l gauge by about .4 to .8. I am getting the positive power from the cigy lighter and tried earths at the various points mentioned.

Any ideas why I can't get these readings the same or at least a lot closer?
The1

Post by The1 »

this is one reason i like the 14point7 kits over the innovate, innovate tie the heater earth and system earth together internally, with the 14point7 kits there both separate, so i cut the earth on the loom for the o2 sensor and bolt to the chassis.