4L60E gearbox controller

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
Circlotron
cars: VP 5L LPG

Re: 4L60E gearbox controller

Post by Circlotron »

Don't know that much about 4L60Es, but when you switch solenoids to change gears is it critical to have the outgoing solenoid release quickly or can it in fact remain on and some overrunning sprag takes care of the lower gear still being engaged? If they ought to release quickly, instead of having a reverse diode across the solenoid winding, put a zener diode across the mosfet source/drain of a voltage rating slightly less than the mosfet voltage rating. This will enable the solenoid to demagnetise way more quickly than if it had a diode across the winding.

That pressure control solenoid, I hope you DO have a diode across the winding! Best kind to use is a schottky diode so there will be no current spikes every time the mosfet turns on when PWMing. They have no reverse recovery current, unlike a normal diode.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

nah the 4L60E isnt sensitive to the solenoid releasing like that..... there are 2 solenoids. lets call them A and B. A + B on is first gear. drop A and it shift to 2nd. drop B as well it shifts to third, turn A on again is 4th. you cannot possibly ever have it in 2 gears at once.

ive got a 1N4936 across all the solenoids.
Circlotron
cars: VP 5L LPG

Post by Circlotron »

Okay. If you do go for a schottky on the pressure solenoid a 1N5819 is nice, besides being easily available.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Is there any update or hope of a public release on this?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
ar5boosted
cars: Renault Scenic
Commodore VZ SV6

Post by ar5boosted »

Holden202T wrote:hahaha let me know whats changed and im sure I can re-design the PCB to suit.

soon jayme will be making these for people wanting to have 4L60Es fully manualised kit :)
Yeah, and other gearboxes as well.