Bee*R 2-step rev limiter on vr commodore?

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
commo_carl
cars: VR V6 Turbo Ute
NA6 MX5

Bee*R 2-step rev limiter on vr commodore?

Post by commo_carl »

r33bee-rpinout.png
r33bee-rpinout.png (170.63 KiB) Viewed 6506 times
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has or whether it will be possible to install a bee*r 2-step module in a commodore?

I know the delco CAS uses different degrees to the ones stated on the pin-out attached, but hopefully it shouldnt matter...

Thanks in advance
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Bee*R 2-step rev limiter on vr commodore?

Post by VL400 »

Searching on how these wire in on different models didnt really show much (other than lots of slow flame throwing rev limiting), and even less on how they actually work. It will need an RPM signal (try the tacho or ref input to ECU) and likely wire to the EST signal - have never wired one up so this is all a guess! The green and yellow wiring seems backwards in some diagrams too :?

With the Delco spark control the ECU does monitor the EST signal to make sure things are working ok, so if it gets shorted or held high by the bee-r to drop spark events it will likely throw a fault code. The ECU will then also go to a fixed 10deg module spark mode.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

ive seen many people try and have never heard of any getting it to work
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
commo_carl
cars: VR V6 Turbo Ute
NA6 MX5

Post by commo_carl »

Thanks for the reply guys. Doesnt sound too promising then :( are there any other 2-step modules that work? I know the lsx coil driver, though im not ready to get all new coils and all new wiring as ive just bought new dfi and coils and done alot of wiring to tidy up the factory harness lol.

Is there a way I can use the lsx driver just for 2-step with standard ign system?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

from the diagram above it looks like it needs the typical nissan trigger pattern from a tigger wheel like this. not delco compatible.
Attachments
vg30 trigger wheel.jpg
vg30 trigger wheel.jpg (835.34 KiB) Viewed 6462 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396