vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

OEM Seimens Deka.

Post by vlad01 »

had a gamble and bought these OEM replacment style Deka injectors.
1IMG_0704_zps96535942.jpg
1IMG_0704_zps96535942.jpg (69.99 KiB) Viewed 5948 times
2IMG_0705_zps08b18003.jpg
2IMG_0705_zps08b18003.jpg (68.89 KiB) Viewed 5948 times
supposedly stock specs VN to early VS injectors.

Not quite stock looking to me, also had some troubles getting them to fit the extruded rails on the VR, if I used the lower retaining clip location the plugs fouled the rails, used the upper location the injector fouled the injector port. The only major difference between these and the Bosch is the coil body and plug are located higher than the Bosch and is what causes it to be a tight fit either up or down location. but the length and retainer clip locations are identical to the Bosch.

My solution was to put a single small washer under the rails where the bolts go to space them up a mm or so, problem solved :thumbup:

As for how they ran? bloody beautiful ! I dare say these seem much better than the bosch 4 hole.

I am trying to get manufacture specs for them, VDO don't have any data sheets for download and I couldn't find anything with the part numbers so I have emailed them and wait for their reply.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: OEM Seimens Deka.

Post by vlad01 »

So I ran the car around today.

from what I can tell flow rate is pretty close, voltage bias is not.

it stumbles a bit if its left off hot for a while so I must now get the manufacture specs.

The dead time is probably a lot shorter than the Bosch ones as they are 20-25 years newer, they sound much quieter and sharper sounding clicks.

but over all for a totally different injector they work pretty damn close to the stock originals straight out of the box.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
stevemc32

Post by stevemc32 »

I was looking at buying a set of these also.

Did you get any useful information from the manufacturer?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

no, had no luck.

the manufacture is really hard to contact and I haven't had a reply yet.

None of the resellers in Oz are helpful. most don't even know what I am talking about :roll:

they are really good injectors especially if you have no luck getting the older type reconditioned like I did, I had them leak after reco time and time again.

it will suck if I have to get them independently tested just to get the figures. :wtf:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I emailed them again.

you can download all the data sheets for the larger Deka injectors, so I am confused why not for the smaller flowing ones?
stevemc32

Post by stevemc32 »

Cheers vlad, best of luck getting the info out of them.

Do they have a part number?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

not on the injector itself.
package has FI11318.

The other well know deka injectors follow this number system as well.
The1

Post by The1 »

wouldn't it be far easier just fitting the latter EV6 injectors?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The1 wrote:wouldn't it be far easier just fitting the latter EV6 injectors?
no, they are hard to find new unless you want china rip off ones? and NOS ones are very pricy, like 70 each. Plus I need to fit an aftermarket reg as they run 3.5 bar. And redial the parameter in 12P anyway.

These were $180 for a set and work well out of the box, just need the dead time and voltage bias for tweaking them. The best part is they are NEW! no more dodgy reco injectors.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

the dead time and battery bias can be worked out easy enough ive never had any injector figures i just make them up LOL.add 10% fueling to the ve table if wideband doesnt say 10% richer add pulsewidth in batt compensation
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem