808 test bench - sensor values

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
Circlotron
cars: VP 5L LPG

808 test bench - sensor values

Post by Circlotron »

Hi all.
I want to put together a quick and dirty test bench setup for an '808 for the purpose of making a drop-in replacement for the VN etc V8 ignition module. I just need to know some resistance and/or voltage values to feed the ECU so that it won't throw an error. Or for that matter, if it does thrown an error does that mean it will always go to limp home mode? I don't really care if I do get a CEL, just as long as it continues to put out normal trigger pulses to the ign module. Any ideas?

Also I have a spare ECU that i can use but it lacks an memcal. Does anyone have one for a reasonable sum? 4 or 6 cyl version would be fine; I'll just change the jumper thingies.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: 808 test bench - sensor values

Post by antus »

I guess since you already have an ignition module running http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... 18&p=22312 you must mean temperature sensors etc. You dont really need to connect any of them if you dont mind a CEL. Which sensor is giving you trouble?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Circlotron wrote:Or for that matter, if it does thrown an error does that mean it will always go to limp home mode? I don't really care if I do get a CEL, just as long as it continues to put out normal trigger pulses to the ign module. Any ideas?
Unless you get an ignition related error it will still operate in EST mode and output pulses.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i'm interested to see what you come up with, i have been thinking about this lately with all the talk of modules failing and costing heaps to replace etc, and my brother recently having no spark issues on his. i was looking at using a v8 HEI dizzy pickup and just putting that in the vn dizzy then fitting a camira ignition module, but then it seems the hei dizzys are rare as and i can't find anything on google to indicate you can buy the pickup new .... but im interested to see one as i have a feeling it might just bolt in ....

anyways, good luck and keep us all updated.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I've been thinking the same thing, get a dissy from a blue or black carbie motor and re wire the loom to suit a Camira type module.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i'm hopefully going to my mates workshop Saturday to have a look at a blue hei dizzy and taking my vn one down to do some testing .... half the reason I started wondering was because my vn dizzy sensor internally is a bit broken, still works but im not really confident in it!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

you can buy cheap procomp dizzys the pickup seems to work fine but the module which is similar to the camira minus ecu side of things dies rapidly if it works at all
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

my mate used to race AMCAs in the speedway (253 v8's) so i'm hoping to scam one off him super cheap, that's a good backup though!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

ok well i had a bit of a compare of the vn dizzy with the earlier HEI pickup in it, it does fit in and screws in fine the problem is the vn dizzy shaft has the wrong circlip locations and the shaft is too short.

that said my mate donated me a working HEI dizzy, so im going to pull it appart, lock it all up and convert it to use the camira module, looks like its virtually identical sized and everything so i'm hoping to use it with a vn cap and rotor button!!