getrag vss to t5 vss

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
holden08

Re: getrag vss to t5 vss

Post by holden08 »

Thank i will look for a t5 then. Marks 4wd adapters do flywheels but they bolt to a auto flex plate seems dodgy to me
holden08

Post by holden08 »

holden08

Post by holden08 »

Can you send me a template of your bell housing support brackets please
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah thats is dodgy as f***

If the flywheel comes apart or falls off at high rpm, you could have your leg/s amputated.

The flywheel is right next to your feet in these cars.

you will want this.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-COMMO ... 3cb5e1b363

also get genuine manual flywheel bolts from holden, 40 bucks for a set. Torque to 18-22Nm and then a further 70º

DO NOT reuse old bolts or use auto bolts as they torque to yield and the auto ones are too short. Once again, flywheel coming off at speed.

If you decide to get the dellow flywheel, make sure you mark an index the flex plate to the crank with paint market or felt pen.

I mark directly inline with the counterweight on the flex plate, so I know where the counter wheight goes on the crank. The dellow flywheel will need to go on with the milled section as seen on the link above 180º rotation to the counter weight of the of the original flex plate. The milled section is missing weight, the counter weight on the flex plate is added weight and that is why it must go 180º around so that the weight is in the right spot.

Manual conversions, not as simple as ebay or JC forums make it out to be.

got any more questions, I can give you all the details for every part involved in the conversion, including where to buy supposedly obsolete parts for cheap.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

holden08 wrote:Can you send me a template of your bell housing support brackets please

I can give it a go.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
holden08

Post by holden08 »

Thanks alot
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

where abouts are you anyway?
holden08

Post by holden08 »

Frederickton just out of Kempsey nsw
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

well then, I am bit far away then. I am in Vic. Was going to say if you were near by I could show you some tips and give you a hand.

When I first did a conversion I found myself 50% more stuff to workout and try to guess my way through that no one ever mentions, stuff that is important.
Some of it I got wrong and paid for it latter lol.

Now I know what is needed, how to do it right.

Also you are better off buying a whole manual car for the parts, all sellers that sell you a conversion are missing about a 3rd of the stuff. Stuff you can't get unless you buy a car :lol:

I even founds parts to rebuild the manual pedal box. return springs and bushes recently.
holden08

Post by holden08 »

im good at the mechanical and the wiring but the computer stuff i get stuck lol thanks for your help i was looking on Google for the brackets and it came up with your post on the brackets did the vt auto ones work out