Camira module with hall effect trigger?

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Camira module with hall effect trigger?

Post by VK_3800 »

Hi all, silly ideas day...

Now I know the Camira module is intended for use with a reluctor pickup, but looking at the diagram posted here:
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... rt=10#p931

It looks like a 5V square wave signal could be simply connected to the reference signal of the module/ECU? This way it would only use the amp/ignitor and EST bypass relay in the module, I can't see any reason why it would need the VR input?

As far as I can see the hall effect sensor should work fine with 5V (thinking using a small IC regulator for clean output) rather than 12V? Is there an issue with teeing the hall effect output with the ECU ref signal?

It all seems a bit too simple, I must be missing something? Can't find enough plugs to try it out without chopping up a perfectly good loom on a running vehicle just now.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Camira module with hall effect trigger?

Post by VL400 »

I think you would be fighting the output of the AC to DC signal converter in that picture. Your effectively trying to inject a signal in to an output. Can always try it, but def add some sort of logic buffer on the output of your hall sensor or you may damage it.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Re: Camira module with hall effect trigger?

Post by VK_3800 »

Good point, I was just assuming that without an input the output would be low/zero. Will have to get around to testing it at some stage