VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Injector Flow Testing Data

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:
ralcool wrote:Just take my damn money.

A Set of 6 matched 39LB injectors and what ever adapters for the L67.

If it buys me 8-15% fuel economy in the long term, I'm in.
It'd be interesting to see what difference these injectors would make.
Im more interested in performance improvements. More homogeneous air/fuel mixture will always burn faster and more complete thus moar!!! power!

I think economy gains are possible via 2 paths.

1. better burn = more torque for same fuel.

2. Poorly suspended fuel tends to stick to the walls, thus "leaning" the mixture. Good fuel suspension does read richer as less oxygen is remaining for the more complete burn. So ECU VE tuning or BLM corrections will adjust accordingly.

Im tempted to try 777 in my VR as I use fire hose Dekas. I'ts actually noticeable in how the engine starts. takes much longer than the 4 hole stock ones.

Might be able to gain some performance as well.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Our old VS ran better with some new O2 sensors and some 100,000km old 777 injectors I grabbed from the wreckers. It seems we also had one of the 3.5 bar FPR's.
The1

Post by The1 »

ralcool wrote:Just take my damn money.

A Set of 6 matched 39LB injectors and what ever adapters for the L67.

If it buys me 8-15% fuel economy in the long term, I'm in.
No fuel economy gains just the fact that it mists better has allowed me to use more acceleration enrichment, engine feels more responsive. So in fact less fuel is contacting port walls because it is now suspended so ive had to add more AE with the 777 injectors i was using a delta AE or 0.30, it's now 0.44, the other thing id like to test but havn't yet it to play with End Of Injection timing, now i have such a huge duty cycle margin to play with i can play with EOI at higher RPM's and see what power can be gained.
The1

Post by The1 »

immortality wrote:
The1 wrote:Not the best pics, but out of interest here's different injector images you can tell stream vs some breakdown/atomization of the fuel, Bosch 36LB L67 4 hole, FoMoCo 39LB 6 Hole
811 Bosch.jpg
IMG_0849.jpg
I'd take it this is at 100% duty cycle? It'd be interesting to see what they look like when pulsing at more conventional duty cycles although I guess it would be a bit harder to capture.
yes 100%, yes harder but should give it a one day.
The1

Post by The1 »

kojab wrote:Great pix. Assuming your not running sequential so with 90% duty cycle and methanol and 1:1 rising rate reg it's working well.
no have no cam pulse while doing testing.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

and neither does the car they are in :P

I am not really sure what the low pulse width flow/atomisation is like, but at the end of the day, its a race car so I don't really care for that requirement, but it does drive fine at cruise rpms, I think for a garden hose fitting they do work quite well.

I would be interested to see them inside the port in real life with air added to the mix because I reckon it would change it a lot!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I reckon it would. The air draw I heard was somewhere around 800Km/h on average. I'd imagine the max speed would be mach 1.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah I know if you put your hand over the carby/TB of a running motor at idle its got a good bit of suction so would help a lot!
The1

Post by The1 »

i need the camera these guys use.

https://www.youtube.com/user/theslowmoguys
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

the phantom camera?

yeah I looked into its once. I don't have a spare $77K though lol. You can get the lower spec'd models for few 10s of k but the best one cost 77, but can do 1.4 million fps.