Injector Flow Testing Data

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
delcowizzid

Re: Injector Flow Testing Data

Post by delcowizzid »

and fuel on the map ecu's
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
The1

Post by The1 »

i had a guy contact me about some injectors he had trouble getting to work, he apparently bought them here.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Injectors-90 ... 1097345150

They wern't the bosch injectors in their photo or the denso's they claimed in the description but these.
IMG_1590.jpg
IMG_1591.jpg
No 2 guess's which one is the genuine, well both of them, but as you can see the lid is popped off the Claimed 90LB ones and the part numbers etc melted to hide where they come from. The flow test is below, these are normally 39LB FoMoCo injectors which are Ford OEM in F Trucks 2005 and newer. They dont exactly spray well with the caps removed or flow match either.

Here is where i buy mine, $160 for 8 genuine FoMoCo, $340 cheaper, i have bought about 5 sets now and all verified like the good flowtest above. I also have deadtime data if anyone wants it for personal use.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/set-of-8 ... 06008.html
IMG_1592.JPG
Here's the normal flow sheet
fomoco.png
fomoco.png (41.08 KiB) Viewed 6565 times
Here's the modded ones flow test sheet
flowtest.jpg
flowtest.jpg (158.78 KiB) Viewed 6565 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

no shortage of dodgy shit going around these days thats for sure!
ralcool
cars: VK L67 T5
VQ V8 W55
Kawasaki 750turbo

Post by ralcool »

I'd be the first to say, 'Hey that's cool- who knew a simple mod could do that'.. but the lack of honesty of what is being bought, and clearly they aren't even flowing the same. Fail!

Would rather have read about them in a blog than hear someone sold them like that! Dodgy.

Similar to how it was revealed those vs-vt manual ecu/memcal conversion combos oft found on ebay are also short of the real deal. (If the instructions on adjusting the idle to correct stalling weren't a give away..lol!)

Pretty sad. (Hey Nigel, those legit injectors sound like a sweet modern swap for L67 36lbs'ers... whaddareckon?)
The1

Post by The1 »

yeh the same deal has been happening since fuel injectors came into existance, even back to the VN's with unscrewing the cap and removing the screens to get more flow from the stock injectors. I dont have a problem with people doing these things but lying to the customers and ripping them off is just plain bad and to make matters worse it's so hard or next to impossible for the end user to verify anything these days. Mostly the reason why i built my own test rig so i know im generating my own data and test my own product.

ralcool, yeh ive had those in my VS V6 N/A doing testing for quite some time, they are a nice injector and id say for the money there a very very good alternative to the very expensive EV14 Bosch injectors, like what ID uses's, if 39LB is enough then id recommend them, i have put them in a few L67's now and run well, the only downside is you need to fit EV6 to EV1 adapters but there cheap. Ive had no problems getting a set to flow match under 1% using 2 sets.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Those are the USCAR connectors yeah?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

ev6 or uscar, pick your name. Same deal.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Looks like these might be good ones for my engine.

I have to build a custom harness anyway, So I can incorporate these in.

https://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnec ... temId=1197
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
The1

Post by The1 »

thats it. I have the data for 3.5bar only atm but may look at doing other pressures later on. They have been running fine in my N/A, injector pulse is still fine no overfueling at idle, not expected anyway with 39LB.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'm tempted to buy 12 of more connectors and modify my custom 808 ecotec harness that I have sitting aside for the last few years, just to open up the options for better injectors.