Injector Flow Testing Data

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
The1

Re: Injector Flow Testing Data

Post by The1 »

i can't get the second one off, though did put the cap back on the first one without the plate, atomization did improve but the spray is pretty sloppy lol.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha i think we have what we wanted to know anyway.YES they do flow 50Lb NO not the best spray pattern but im sure at rpm they will probably be fine my deutchwerks 39Lb have a flow pattern like that silly drilled injectors.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Xfirez51
cars: 1992 ZR-1

Post by Xfirez51 »

Any chance you are able to verify the Injector Offset v BATT voltage? In particular, it's been very difficult to get Offset information on the ACCEL #150121 21# injectors. These are a popular sub for the stock injectors in the LT-5.
Xfirez51

Post by Xfirez51 »

The1 wrote:yeh i could do more, but the work involved for the gain is so little. The biggest things are flow matching injectors and using the measured deadtime tables, which makes so much difference to AFR stability.
Reading further in the thread. The1, let me say the data you are providing is awesome. And I completely agree with your comment above. I have been playing w the Offset table on my LT-5 and having the correct offsets makes tuning so much more predictable. It has allowed me to more accurately tune
IAT and Prop Gain tables as well. Idle quality is much better even w a cammed motor, and fuel economy, throttle response have also noticeably improved. My BLMs are much more consistent and stable regardless of CTS and IAT. I don't get anywhere near the sooty exhaust on the muffler tips from just cruising around. In fact they stay pretty clean. Overall the motor is quieter as the L/R banks appear to be more balanced. That has led to a significant reduction in the "drone" I get at cruise rpms.
I believe the offsets I am currently using are close altho not spot on because I still do get a bit of a "bathtub" shape to my lower VE table especially in the idle region.
The1

Post by The1 »

no i havn't seen or tested those injectors before, i could test any injectors and get data from testing to make the battery offset tables up, minimum pulse time and low pulse adder tables.

Yes i find it does make a difference, not huge but it's defiantly a refinement. Even stock injectors with proper data are better than factory data which is ballpark at best. I also find most factory tunes set the minimum injector pulse high enough so they dont have to deal with low pulse adders and the non linear region, so you can get this area back into use with proper data, making Decel work better and not as harsh as factory.
Xfirez51

Post by Xfirez51 »

What would you need from me to develop the offsets for those injectors?
The1

Post by The1 »

if you just want a around about figure 1 injector, if you want proper results for your own, you'l want a full set or better yet more injectors to make a flow matched and deadtime matched set.
The1

Post by The1 »

Got the flow bench and test bed for enhanced tidied up, shifted to another room with extraction fan, just need to mount the jimstim and other gear in a box and it'l be all tidy then, bought a cheap flow machine which i have gutted, installed an 044 bosch pump and rigged another circuit up to the front dial so vary the pump speed, then rewired the injector loom into the test bench, wired in an 0-80psi pressure sensor for fuel pressure into spare pcm input, all good to go.
Attachments
IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg (125.88 KiB) Viewed 6251 times
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Is that your kitchen?....
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
The1

Post by The1 »

haha, no it's an extra room we built in the garage, has dryer and washer in it, but has extraction fan in it also.