Injector Flow Testing Data

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
The1

Re: Injector Flow Testing Data

Post by The1 »

i think they changed the pintal design from ev1 to ev6 which also is what helps with the better atomization.
The1

Post by The1 »

These two articles are a good read, shows how to setup the low pw offset table and your minimum pw, with the graphs i posted earlier i would need to extend some of them past 2ms to get a good linear line. Flow matching injectors in the this region would make idle area alot better, looking at it now GM just seems to use a higher minimum PW as flow matching injectors down low is to much trouble.

http://wpdev.injectordynamics.com/artic ... ulse-tech/
http://injectordynamics.com/articles/gm ... erization/
The1

Post by The1 »

well ive got procedure down pat, also tested calibration results in car and much much better control with varying voltage than factory tables. Here's test example sheets, from testing about 10 different sets now if the deadtime calibration is right then applying that do the flow test the line will be linear or pretty damn close apart from the bottom end which you can touch up with using the low pw adder, but most of the time it's not needed.
Attachments
flowtest.jpg
flowtest.jpg (207.95 KiB) Viewed 6870 times
cal.jpg
cal.jpg (204.72 KiB) Viewed 6870 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Wow, thats the best and most comprehensive injector test data I have seen. Well done!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

yeh i could do more, but the work involved for the gain is so little. The biggest things are flow matching injectors and using the measured deadtime tables, which makes so much difference to AFR stability.
Helical
cars: 2000 HSV VS Series 3 Maloo
1995 Holden VS V6 3 seat ute (bunky)
1997 Holden VS S Pak Ute (wreck)

Post by Helical »

Nice work!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Interesting the dead time does not change with fuel pressure, only voltage.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

it really depends on the type of injector, some do some dont, some are linear change with pressure some arn't, pin VS Director Plate and how many holes, injector flow rate etc can all cause different characteristics. The old Metal Type dont seem to change alot but the newer plastic ones do.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

definitely have to agree with antus, fairly comprehensive data sheets come with these!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

can you uncap and remove the spreader disc and see how much a 901 injector flows i hear they go 50lb/hr with the insides removed
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem