cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

like to have a PCB made.

Post by vlad01 »

Hey Guys.

Just wondering if anyone could help me but developing and making a PCB for me.

I would like to have a small PCB to read an optical interrupter and run a relay, that will wire in parallel with the cruise control stop switch on the brake pedal.

This is for cruise cutout for the clutch pedal. If you are wondering why not use a normal switch, its because the T5s in holden that use a cable have a floating pedal setup. They run the throwout with preload derived from the clutch pedal inverse return spring. There is also no physical pedal stop, the stop is free floating which is dependent on cable adjustment.

All these reasons make it impracticable to fit a physical switch which will bugger up how the clutch adjustments work and it will give 0 head room for clutch adjustments, leading to throw out bearing failure real quick ( i know that one from experience).

I have a proto type setup in my VP for 4 years and it perfect. I would like to have a more professional version of this setup.

I found the schematic at home few days ago. I'll post it up later, with some alterations.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Circlotron
cars: VP 5L LPG

Re: like to have a PCB made.

Post by Circlotron »

Yeah, post the schematic we'll all have a look-see.

Have you considered using a microswitch on the clutch throwout lever?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I have, didn't work. the clutch pedal just smashed it on the way up. like i said there is no physical stop. I tryed the roller type from the side, but the side to side play in the pedal made it hard to get a consistent result. That is why I went optical in the end. works perfect.

its probably done half a mil cycles knowing how many times I change gears in a day.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Would be interested to see a schematic. How many do you want to make? If its simple enough and not in quantities building it on a vero board might be an option.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if its not too complex i could probably make 1 on a properly etched PCB (read: no labels just tracks and solder pads :P)
Circlotron

Post by Circlotron »

vlad01 wrote:I have, didn't work. the clutch pedal just smashed it on the way up. like i said there is no physical stop. I tryed the roller type from the side, but the side to side play in the pedal made it hard to get a consistent result. That is why I went optical in the end. works perfect.

its probably done half a mil cycles knowing how many times I change gears in a day.
Nah, I meant something attached to the bellhousing and sussing the movement of the lever poking out the side.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

mm? possible i guess. shit place to work on though and oil, dirt and incinerating temps from the exhaust are no fun. Plus we still have no physical stop and it can't have one as it will kill the clutch as it wears. there is no adjustment there at all.

Anyway here is my old hand drawn diagram from years ago. its need some changing. I can try to redraw a new one. This original one was wired to the cruise switch clutter which allowed gear changing without shutting of the cruise. problem was with that is that could lead to unsafe situations when i forgot the cruise control was switched on, so I got it just stopping it now.
IMG_1096_zps1bf1e1f3.jpg
IMG_1096_zps1bf1e1f3.jpg (56.55 KiB) Viewed 6076 times
So basically all I want to a pro PCB to replace the awful vero board. I want a few made as I never plan to go to auto, and I am sure more holdens will come my way in the future. More could be made for other people wanting the same thing.

I am thinking of laser cutting sensor brackets to bolt on to the pedal
Circlotron

Post by Circlotron »

Righto, here's a layout. Pretty obscene to say the least, but anyhoo...
I noticed that there is no resistor feeding the led of the interrupter; is that okay?
Attached file is in Protel 99SE format. Your local PCB bloke will know what to do.
Attachments
Photo_interrupter.PCB.zip
(33.38 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

there is though, 560R bottom left
Circlotron

Post by Circlotron »

Oh yeah. Onto it!