wideband kit?

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
vt3.8lt
cars: Vt v6 turbo @ 8psi

Re: wideband kit?

Post by vt3.8lt »

ah ok probably cause im running a 11p might be a difference between the two not to sure
The answer is always... boost!
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

yeah whole different ecu.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

vt3.8lt wrote:cool thanks for the input i ended up getting a aem kit seems to be pretty good so far ill be installing it tomorrow one question i have is it has a 0-5v output i noticed on the nvram instructions it came with a pinout and i think it was pin b8 or 10 ill have another look to be sure but its for wideband input as it says can i install the output from the wideband to this pin to use for data logging?
Pin D8 is used for the 11P wideband input, it will be logged and displayed in TunerPro. Make sure you setup the 0V and 5V cal items to match the AEM, 0V=10 AFR and 5V=20AFR.
vt3.8lt

Post by vt3.8lt »

ok awesome i will do thanks vl just got a message from antus and gonna send him my ecm so once i get it back ill make sure i get those values set and will hopefully be sweet got the bung wiring n gauge installation to keep me busy till then
vt3.8lt

Post by vt3.8lt »

whats the best spot for the sensor to go in the exhaust the kit says about 30-40 inches from the turbine outlet but thats where my o2 is for the ecu should i put it a few inches down stream or up stream from that or even further not sure witch way i should go about it where do u guys think it will be the most efficient spot for it ?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the closer to the motor the more accurate its going to be, but also if you go too close to the turbo you might torch it!

if your planning to permanently install it into the car then weld another bung in where you can fit it as close to the specs of the manufacturer .....

you can have it right near the end of the tail pipe if you really want to but obviously the data is going to be more out of sync with the motor than if it was right after the turbine outlet.
vt3.8lt

Post by vt3.8lt »

cool thanks holden202 thats what i thought i decided to mount it about 5inches down stream from the o2 sensor so hopefully it will be far enough away from the 02 2 get a proper reading and still within the manufacturers specs