Delco powered injector cleaner

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Delco powered injector cleaner

Post by Dec_head »

I have been thinking about making an injector cleaner for cleaning measuring and matching flow rates etc
Would it be possible to use a vn vp delco to do this as i have a few laying around any suggestions on how to do this would be great.
delcowizzid

Re: Delco powered injector cleaner

Post by delcowizzid »

my last cleaner was just a falcon fuel rail and reg and a vl fuel pump both the pump and injectors got 12 volts via a switch worked great for cleaning and testing injectors had a perspex tank i made up to catch the cleaner just have to be carefull vaporised fuel is highly dangerous :thumbup:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

So no smoking lol
Yeah i have a vl fuel pump and a v8 injector rail ready to go was just thinking the delco might be good to run different sequences opening and closing the injectors.
I want to run individual glass test tubes for matching as well.
William
cars: 1988 Chevy Blazer
1991 Geo Storm
2000 Oldsmoble Silhouette

Post by William »

Hi,

What a neat idea!

I assume that you want to use the injector driver in the ECU to run the injectors. By writing custom software to load on the ecu, you could make a nice interface using switches on some of the input lines to control the pulse width/duty cycle of the injector being cleaned/tested.

This is what Bruce Bowling and Al Grippo have done with their JectorRate hardware. See http://www.bgsoflex.com/fitester.html for information on their hardware and software.

We already have the hardware in the GM ECU. We would need to write the software to run on the ECU to run the tests/injectors.

The test bench that I built uses an air compressor and regulator to pressurize the fuel in a small pressure vessel (12 in length of 2 in diameter pipe and pipe fittings), a fuel injection pressure guage, and the injector connected with hose and various clamps. I used a 9 volt battery across the wires of an injector plug to open the injector. Found 2 leaking injectors in my Storm that way.

I am rapidly learning the 6811 assembly language (simpler then the x86 PC assembler) and am trying to figure out how the I/O works. Writing software to do something like this will soon be something that I can do.

Keep us posted on your progress.

William