Spartan WB with ALDL logger

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Spartan WB with ALDL logger

Post by immortality »

Hey Guys,

Just setting up a new 14point7 Spartan WB controller/sensor to use with my PCM hack ALDL data logger.

The instructions for the Spartan controller say the electrical earth should be ground where the interfacing device is grounded and the heater ground on the block or chassis.

I'm intending to use the siggy lighter socket to power the WB O2 so I was thinking the red (+12v) and white (heater earth) wires to the siggy lighter and then put the black wire (electronics earth) and green wire (linear output) into the ALDL logger.

Thoughts/opinions please

Cheers
delcowizzid

Re: Spartan WB with ALDL logger

Post by delcowizzid »

sounds good from this side of the keyboard :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality

Post by immortality »

Sweet.

I've been wondering if the earth wiring with the Innovative controller is the possible issue for the sensor faults? Their instructions have both earths (sensor and heater) together. The VS commodore O2 sensor problem is also related to the earths been shared on the one side that plays up. Coincidence?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Agree with delcowizzid, it sounds good!
immortality

Post by immortality »

Excellent. Well it's all soldered together, heat shrink'd and ready for testing on the strip on Sunday morning :)

I'll take all my tools with me to the track and ward off Murphy from hitching a ride on my shoulder.
immortality

Post by immortality »

OK, Just realised I need to change a few calcs in the ADX to suit the 14.7 WB.

In another thread I found the calc I think I need. ((10.00-20.00)/255*x)+10.00 to suit Tunerpro

For the Logger that needs to be simplified and I think it should look like 0.0392156 * x + 10.0

Can someone please double check these?

Cheers
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The calc for the logger is different to what an ECU uses due to having 4 times more resolution (the logger Innovate calc is in the instructions), but for the spartan you would use ((20-10) * (X/1024)) + 10

If you want to see the actual wideband value on the logger display then it needs a little simplifying, otherwise can leave it as above and play your log back in TunerPro with wideband AFR shown.

The simplified logger display calc is X / 102.4 + 10
immortality

Post by immortality »

I wonder why the 14.7 calc in the other thread was different? Never mind.
immortality

Post by immortality »

11_BP.adx
(146.93 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
This is the ADX I'm using.

I've added values for the 14.7 WB to suit TP and logger. Did the same for the innovative WB.

Also addad a value for target AFR Vs WB AFR and a history table for the 14.7 WB O2.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Seems to be some minor issues.

The logger seemed to be showing proper WB AFR's, however when the log was played back in Tunerpro using the full formula it didn't show data as it was off the scale?? (edit: this problem is sorted, transposed numbers in formula again....)

Also, first pass, tune is real rich, so I take a fair amount of fuel out and the next run is much quicker and more MPH but tune still showing rich so take more fuel out and go slower even though the WB is still showing real rich. Went back to the previous tune and picked back up the lost time and MPH.

Now, we did have an issue with where the cable fell onto the exhaust and melted through the out insulation but the actual cores weren't damaged. I am wondering though, would to much heat in the cable from the O2 sensor/controller effect the sensor readings? WB readings were also bouncing around a lot?

Data monitors attached of the 2nd run (fast) and 3rd run (slower).
355 WB variation.png
355 WB variation.png (91.7 KiB) Viewed 6600 times
355 WB variation 2.png
355 WB variation 2.png (105.44 KiB) Viewed 6600 times