chinese 2 bar meets screwdriver look whats in there

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Re: chinese 2 bar meets screwdriver look whats in there

Post by krusty »

Pin assignment should be CBF instead of CBA lol! With chilli it may calibrate better?
heff0018
cars: CL valiant charger, VH valiant charger

Post by heff0018 »

Hi all, I am a bit worried about this 3 BAR MAP sensor I bought now. I couldn't find a 2 bar MAP sensor for a VN so I got this. Has anyone dealt with these guys before?

https://www.wgit.com.au/holden-commodor ... 3.8-5.0-pe

I have now found a proper Delphi that I could have got for a bit more, wish I had bought this to start with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-BAR-MAP-Senso ... 1438.l2649

Also Is it ok to run a 3 Bar MAp even if it is unlikely that I will use that much boost to start with.

Cheers
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Key off reading should be around 100kPa, depending on altitude (likely 95-104kpa for most of oz). Then while logging the ECU get some heat on it with a hot air gun of hair dryer, if the reading changes more than a couple of kPa its likely not genuine or of poor quality.

According to the data sheet the real deal should maintain accuracy from 10 to 85 degC, requiring a 0% correction factor in that range.

Only downside to a 3bar when running less than 14psi is tuning resolution, it also effects off boost as the ECU scales this range to always get 0-100kPa (its all behind the scenes creating a scaled MAP term). Overall prob wont notice a major difference but if you are never going to need it just get a 2bar instead.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

From what I've read the later delphi ones are not that great after production went off shore to China. Only way to tell is check baro at key on compared to the weather forecast and height above sea level and then hit it with the hairdryer etc and warm it up and watch if the map reading moves
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Thanks guys, I will keep looking for a 2 bar MAP but they weren't easy to find for a VN. 3 BAr MAPs are everywhere.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

2 bars everywhere ide go ls1 style like vl400 did as the old style is hard to find good ones
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

delcowizzid wrote:2 bars everywhere ide go ls1 style like vl400 did as the old style is hard to find good ones

Thanks, I didn't realise that you could use those on a VN. Yes there are many options available for LS1 MAP sensors.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The 2 bar LS1 sensors work well with identical outputs to the older style 2 bar sensors, have been running one for around a year or so and can be easily sourced through reputable Aussie sellers. They are different physically so need a new mount fab'd and the wiring connector also needs to be changed. The barb is slightly smaller diameter so added a cable tie for extra insurance, but have done so on all other fittings anyway.

Just dont get a 2.5 bar sensor, needs to be 2 bar or 3 bar (not sure if you can get a 3 bar LS1 style though).
heff0018

Post by heff0018 »

Cheers, thanks
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Ok we have a winner 4 map sensors later lol.its quality baro dead on 100kpa no shift with temp autometer 30psi boost gauge map sensor cost $16:50 plus postage lol was a dollee reserve auctiony
20171012_200752.jpg
20171012_200801.jpg