chinese 2 bar meets screwdriver look whats in there

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
delcowizzid

chinese 2 bar meets screwdriver look whats in there

Post by delcowizzid »

so i thought it time to see what was inside my old dead 2 bar chinese map sensor hahahahaha not much really compared to the 1 bar gm deal beside it im starting to think the 202T's 3 bar maps farked its also chinese testing mith multimeter and gently wiggling the plug makes the output cut in and out
chinese map.jpg
chinese map.jpg (297.3 KiB) Viewed 9602 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Re: chinese 2 bar meats screwdriver look whats in there

Post by festy »

Good timing, I ordered a chinese 3 bar MAP sensor a few days ago. For $16 including a plug, I couldn't resist ;)
What's the number on that IC? And if you're not planning on using it again, any chance of a pic showing the other side of the PCB and the sensor?
I was planning on plotting the pressure/voltage curve of mine (when it gets here) to see if it's anything like a real GM one, but I'm guessing it's pretty dodgy from the look of those trimpots.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I should pull apart one I have .... it changed almost 10kpa from cold engine to running temps!

I confirmed it by ignition on logging 100kpa .... put it in the oven and let it warm up a bit then plugged it back in and readings changed!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

stock has air vents in from atmosphere this didnt so as it heated it would read out with the sealed case LOL.its potted in hard black plastic crap stock is in soft jelly .the china deal i just fixed the potting must of expanded and snapped one of the hard link wires from the plug to the board must of heated till the potting expanded and just snapped the wire was able to touch the 2 peices together and make it work bit of solder and shes probably back to usable it has done a good 30000km allready ill have a play LOL.

chip reads 33202
4suy
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

few close ups probably enough for you to draw the circuit dunno whats under it theres 3 through holes but they might not go anywhere
DSC_0325.jpg
DSC_0325.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 9553 times
DSC_0323.jpg
DSC_0323.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 9553 times
DSC_0322.jpg
DSC_0322.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 9553 times
DSC_0321.jpg
DSC_0321.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 9553 times
DSC_0320.jpg
DSC_0320.jpg (1.62 MiB) Viewed 9553 times
DSC_0319.jpg
DSC_0319.jpg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 9553 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: chinese 2 bar meets screwdriver look whats in there

Post by VL400 »

And here is another one. Same issue as Holden202T had, MAP was not stable with temperature. Makes tuning slightly difficult when idle AFRs are varying from spot on target of 14 to 18 by just heating the sensor :wtf:
2bar MAP.jpg

This was from a reputable shop in the US, sold as a genuine 2 bar Delphi MAP sensor. Somehow I doubt this, even the IC has had its markings ground off! I bought it a number of years ago for another car so no returning it now.

Anyone got a local supplier selling quality sensors?

Am also looking at adapting a Delphi 2bar for an LS1/LS2 as these have the same output voltage vs kPa as a the Delco style. https://www.efihardware.com/products/16 ... -LS1-2-bar
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

you could try PEC in Melbourne. I bought a number of other sensors of him a few times and all have been legit parts.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I had a look, looks like he no longer has them and sells a brand called "standard USA" Delphi type 2 bar. what ever that means. But his 3 bar are still listed as genuine Delphi

To guarantee a genuine one, buy it from GM in the US. They are only 70 USD or so.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Very hard even in the USA to find a genuine one. Ls1 style might be the go could still run a hose to it