LM-1 Firmware failed w/Win 7 HP Probook

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
DixiePicker

LM-1 Firmware failed w/Win 7 HP Probook

Post by DixiePicker »

Hello all,

I have a Innovate LM-1 and XD-16 I use in my car/trucks. I was going to change or check the Analog 1 and 2 calibration and update the firmware from 1.00 to version 1.10. (from 2007)
I use a HP Pro book with Win 7 Pro 64bit. Tuner Pro uses Comm 2 well and no troubles. I downloaded the new LM-1/XD-16 manual/Firmware @ Innovate connected and the update began. At aprox 45% it failed. Switched off the Ign feed to the LM-1 and started again. Same thing. Rebooted PC, car and DB9 and all connections. I cannot get this LM Programmer to connect now. Device mgr Comm 2 functioning OK and identified. I got out my old HP with XP SP3 and loaded the LM Programmer, new cable for the LM-1 as well. No COMM. And the A/F reads "- - -" when connected.

Any suggestions for this old set up? I have 4 of these systems in various vehicles and afraid to do anything with Innovate. Is it Bill Gates or Innovate or HP? All the drivers are updated before beginning. Voltage in Car is 12.5 and ground plane to laptop is connected - car to frame of laptop w/external wire

Thanks and I appreciate your input.
B Graves
Holden202T

Re: LM-1 Firmware failed w/Win 7 HP Probook

Post by Holden202T »

I'd suggest you get in contact with innovate support for that, it certainly sounds like the unit is not talking to the computer.... there may be a way to recover it possibly.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

billyg38120 wrote:I use a HP Pro book with Win 7 Pro 64bit.
Unless Innovate fixed it in later LM programmer releases, I had the same problem- it does not like win 7 64bit. Have a google on the subject for happy customers :x

To follow up this post .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... mer#p23739
I was able to get it working eventually using a win XP virtual machine. But it took ages to get it to connect before being able to update it. This was an LM2 so might have a different boot loader.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hmmm ... i haven't had problems connecting to MTX-L's with windows 7 64 bit but I haven't ever tried to firmware update them .... so is it just firmware update that is the issue VL400 or even just trying to change their config.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Only had a problem with firmware updates, I still use LM programmer for config changes under win7 64bit with no problems.