Altronics high energy ignition kit module

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
vn_ss_cm
cars: VN SS

Altronics high energy ignition kit module

Post by vn_ss_cm »

Hello Guys

My mate gave me one of these kits is it possible to use that to replace the standard VN v8 ignition module?

cheers
Holden202T

Re: Altronics high energy ignition kit module

Post by Holden202T »

got any more info, website or something ?

im sure there would be a way to do it, but it might be more a matter of weather its worth it or not.
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

http://www.altronics.com.au/p/k4030-hig ... ition-kit/

It can work with hall effect, points etc..so it should work with the VN dizzy. The issue I have is there is inputs/outputs to the ecu = distributor referenace INPUT, distrbutor reference LOW, est output and bypass control
Attachments
VT V8 Ignition System.jpg
VT V8 Ignition System.jpg (58.95 KiB) Viewed 8193 times
p1.jpg
p1.jpg (143.52 KiB) Viewed 8193 times
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Leave the factory module in no need to remove it as you've said already it needs to talk to the ecu.
When fitting MSD ignitions the factory module stays. Use the existing coil wires to trigger the new module then it drives the coil.

If youre after an ignition upgrade I fitted an MSD 6A and Blaster 2 coil to my car and it was a good upgrade. With MSD plug leads.
My old system was in good condition but the motor is quite modified so it worked well. Was around $280 from an Adelaide speed shop.
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

cool so I could still use this to drive a msd coil? or not worth the hassle?
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

It could drive an MSD coil. I would recommend an MSD 6A though if you want an upgrade.
Or get a module from VL400. It will replace the factory module and also drive 8 LS coils.
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

yeah not worth the hassle

this thing needs output from hall effect sensor might use it for another car I have that runs points
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Stock dissy is hall effect if you could use them for this and that module.
vn_ss_cm

Post by vn_ss_cm »

finally put this together for the fun of it... and it actually works....only issue is when you start the car you need to crank it once turn off and then crank again and it starts....question ive got is ive set it up as points version but this can be used with hall effect sensor...would it be possible to leave the 3 wires going to the ignition module and just "tap" of these to the altronics unit? also with the 4 ECU wires what do they actually do?(distributor referenace INPUT, distrbutor reference LOW, est output and bypass control) technically I could replace the bosch unit with this if only no ecu wires!...if only I could use the IGBT circuit to replace the bosch transistor....... cheeers guys
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I've set up a few aftermarket ignitions and usually use the tacho signal as tbe trigger source. Look at some MSD or Crane wiring diagrams might help.