Same Memcal Different results

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Same Memcal Different results

Post by ToyHicko »

Just out of interesting I was wondering if anyone else as had this occur. 2 known to be working 808 ecu no fault codes came out of two running cars. Used in the one car with the same memcal but one ecu engine performance is hands down better.

One Ecu is out of a JE Camira has been modified for the NVRAM board and has a USB Coms board install. The other is a Stock standard ECU out of a VP. Still waiting to get hands on another ECU to do test further but just interested if other have come across this.

Oh the Modified JE is the one that has the better performance.

Jason
Holden202T

Re: Same Memcal Different results

Post by Holden202T »

well without knowing what code is on the modified one its really hard to say ... but if it has a camira tune on it then its for a 2ltr 4 cylinder as apposed to the vp one which is for a 3.8ltr v6 ...... also the difference in reference angles each one would require would make me wonder how it even runs at all ?
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

I think he is using the same memcal in 2 different ECU's and getting different performance.
ie. the difference is in the ECU's and not the memcal.
Would be interesting to see a datalog from each ecu under the same condittions and see if any of the sensors are giving different readings, could possibly be an internal earthing issue?

yoda69
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Post by ToyHicko »

Sorry if it wasn't clear but yoda69 is correct the same memcal is used the only variable is the ecu. Same car and same road same day with in 10 minutes of each other. The program is $12P in a VP is it possible to data log without a comms mod to the ECU via the 160 connection?

Just so you understand the difference in performance the better one accelerates faster at 3/4 throttle compare to fully throttle. I don't have any logs to prove tho just seem of pants and needle increase rates.

I've Grab another ECU for the local wreckers and try out a few thing this weekend.

Cheers
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

could be the coolant sensor circuit or injector driver is better in one than the other
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

$12P wont work with 160 baud logging, you'd need to put a vn/vp stock code in it....

if you have a stock chip try and bang that in there and see if you notice the same difference, if you do then you can log 160 baud ok!