VSS for Trimatic

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
GONZO

VSS for Trimatic

Post by GONZO »

Does anyone know where I can get an inline VSS for a trimatic that I can use with a cable speedo?

It is for a delco conversion into a peugot of all things, but I'm not sure if it is a standard holden cable as it has a bolt to retain the cable. (ie, not the threaded type of cable.)
Will post a pic if anyone is curious.
Holden202T

Re: VSS for Trimatic

Post by Holden202T »

sounds normal, cable has a big lump of steel on the end, that goes into the box then there is a steel plate that fits into a slot on the edge of the lump of steel and a bolt holds it in place!

as far as an adaptor not sure sorry.

but you could have a look at summitracing.com they do sell ones that might work for you
GM Tech

Post by GM Tech »

If you have a look at Kalmakers website, they have an inline speedo adaptor, ive used these before when doing conversions. CAE's website might have someting on there as well.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

pheniox mechanicals website has them to and they are brass high quality units not plastic like others sell.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep, on the page here.

http://www.phoenixmechanical.com.au/pages/parts.html

ph 08 8395 0617

I'd recommend him, he did the wiring on the delco in my gemini, and did a good job.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i wonder if they do them for powerglide trannys! but i want one that replaces the original speedo sender
GONZO

Post by GONZO »

I have used the vss adaptors from kalmaker in the past and they have failed quickly.

Just trying to sus out something better.