L 67 converted VU

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
frog
cars: VU ute with L67

Re: L 67 converted VU

Post by frog »

I think I may have made progress but not good. The two wires that come off the 86 terminal are burnt to buggery the one white and black stops about 3 inches from the fuse box and the other has no insulation left. This appears to be a very bad thing. Where are they supposed to go and what is the worst case scenario?
vs ss
cars: hsv enhanced vs ss
vt xu6
fb holden
toyota landcruiser
vt ss s1

Post by vs ss »

The black and white wires in terminal 86 are earths,The earth point that the wire normally runs to is mounted to the inner guard. It runs from this mounting point to the efi relay and from memory should then have another black and white wire that continues from the efi relay 86 to the fuel pump relay terminal 86. You could always just run a wire external to the harness to see if you can get power but no guarentee what else that wire burnt in the loom.
frog

Post by frog »

I finally got a chance to trace the completly burnt wire and it goes down under the battery and joins half a dozen others linking into a single 3 mm wire also black and white. I am stuffed if i can find where the other one goes? Does any one have a wiring diagram including the relay box?
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

frog wrote:I finally got a chance to trace the completly burnt wire and it goes down under the battery and joins half a dozen others linking into a single 3 mm wire also black and white. I am stuffed if i can find where the other one goes? Does any one have a wiring diagram including the relay box?
viewforum.php?f=32
frog

Post by frog »

It lives! I ran a wire strait to the battery terminal but nothing. Then I linked the wire the join point and ye f(^&ing ha he runs That relay must supply earth to everything in the engine bay. I have decided to call him HEINZ he is big and red and has given me the shits like the soup.