Coil Pack Testing

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
The1

Re: Coil Pack Testing

Post by The1 »

my bet is usually around 20psi with a cam start looking at LSX coils, if the twin posts make it that far with reasonable spark plug gap there a good set. lol
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

delcowizzid wrote:We are nearly at the point of needing coils starting to get a bit of missfiring at high cylinder pressure dyno guy said they have nothing but issues with twin post coils once cylinder pressure gets up there .
LS coils will fix that. You should be able to run stock gaps as well under boost.

Make sure not to use non resistor plugs though, your dyno owner will thank you for it lol and so will your laptop.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

There was a link to a facebook post about LS coils on a L67 running stock plug gaps and a shit load of boost via a A2A system using VL400's module. Looked bloody tidy they way install was done.
The1

Post by The1 »

i think that would User Decicrate, the guy with the white ute i know to, he originally had a raptor type setup but then changed to L67 with cam and tweaked blower, he hit that same spark limit, now he has VL400's setup and nearing 500hp i think with 1.3 gap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvQ0rgaZ8tg&sns=fb
Decicrate

Post by Decicrate »

Just to add a little more feed back.

Rowan fitted up VL400 coil box several months back and used a set of AEM (IGN1A) coils on his L67.
The car produces 460+ RWHP @ 21PSI using a M90.
With a NGK BPR6EFS13 with a standard gap of 1.3mm there is absolutely no spark break down at all at full RPM.

Rowan has now moved on to a TVS 1900 and has updated the plugs to a BRISK EVO plug.
https://briskaustralia.com.au/spark-plugs/evo

He has not had it on the dyno, but has done a fair bit of street driving with the boost @22 PSI and still no spark issues.

The added spark has made for a far better start on E85 as well as being able to pull a shit ton of fuel from the lower RPM range without having any missfire issues with a very lean AFR.

Just a real shame these boxes are not being made anymore....
immortality

Post by immortality »

Maybe if we can get enough folks wanting one of those little boxes it may be economical for VL400 to do another run?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Well it makes sense as he does make the programmable module which can do the same thing plus heaps more on top. So why make 2 products when one can do the same and heaps better?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality

Post by immortality »

If you were to use his other ignition module you could eliminate the dfi module as his ignition module will do it all. Would tidy up the bay a bit.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

And it's fully programmable with a ton of features. Would def recommend them!