Coil Pack Testing

Information and discussion of EFI hardware and specifications
delcowizzid

Re: Coil Pack Testing

Post by delcowizzid »

Hmm wonder how the 12 dollar aliexpress ones go lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
The1

Post by The1 »

Updated the graph on the first post as ive tested alot more coils now, done averaging on them, also updated MSD ones in reference to photos.

The cheapest ive found on aliexpress is the Gorst ones, ebay cheapest was the CAD one. Unless there's a new cheaper one?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/3278982 ... J#autostay they even have lsx coils for 12 bucks each lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
The1

Post by The1 »

more expensive than Gorst coil, postage is a killer!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Did you want to test some LS1 and LS2 coils? I have a few different types of genuine and aftermarket.
The1

Post by The1 »

When i get some time and have my box back and hooked up. Though was mainly aiming to test coils on ecotec.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Delivery is a pain. 24-49 days.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
L67PSI
cars: L67 VT Calais

Post by L67PSI »

These are some pics of the Ali Express - Gorst Coils that The1 linked to earlier. I got them in 18 days from China to Perth. $60 and change delivered to the door.

I've put them on my modded VT L67 Calais. I plan on opening up the spark plug gap from 1.1mm to stock 1.3mm and see how it performs.
Gorst_Coil_2.jpg
Gorst_Coil_2.jpg (125.81 KiB) Viewed 7727 times
Gorst_Coil_1.jpg
Gorst_Coil_1.jpg (131.31 KiB) Viewed 7727 times
The1

Post by The1 »

yep would be interested in the results, based on testing they should perform like current Gen MSD's but you get 3 coils for the price of 1. So far they have been on my car for a few months and no problems yet, i did retest them a few weeks ago and still performed identical. The difference in these seems to be the middle section, much wider than a standard or MSD coil.
gtrboyy
cars: vp 'moo mang' ute
torana
bombadores

Post by gtrboyy »

I ended up getting delphi coils...didn't think was anything wrong with yellow jacket no-names but now much smoother & revs like a drill by comparison.

Did about 250km on freeway although got a slight miss sitting in traffic again,probably old spark plugs.

Would love to try 6 ls coils after seeing delphi improved smoothness.